Greetings from Cape Town, South Africa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

matthewsa

Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi all. Just joined and looking forward to building my very first smoker. Got turned on to BBQ & smoked foods while living in FL. Travelled all over the US and there is some wicked smoking going on. Here in South Africa, we braai a lot (barbeque over coals) but while my fellow S'africans will disagree, there is nothing like properly smoked meat. Thinking about building a portable smoker and maybe doing some weekend fairs. Would love to receive any comments about doing this, from recipes to building portsble smokers.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hey Matthew

Welcome to the forum.  You’ll find great, friendly people here.  You’ll also find a ton of info—if you have a question, just ask and you’ll get about 10 answers—all different  LOL  Don’t forget to post qviews

Gary

Welcome to SMF Mathew and were glad to have you aboard so join in, share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite………

The Qveiw

We also have an active member (Ahron) AKA africanmeat from cape town... He currently has the record in miles traveled to get to a SMF gathering when we had the North Forida gathering 2 yrs ago when he made the trip..... http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/u/42714/africanmeat

Were everywhere....lol

Happy smoking

Joe

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky