Got some new toys in today!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fftwarren

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Been away from SMF for a while. Still been smoking and grilling like always. Thinking it’s time to get back on SMF. It was always a great place, not sure why I stopped logging in. But without further ado, here’s the latest adds to my smoking/grilling arsenal.
791B819B-B6AF-4589-A426-93A0ED30660C.jpeg
Tired of babysitting charcoal/real wood fires for hours and hours. Ready to enjoy the food without it being a full day affair. I love cooking on an offset and can do it really well, but it’s time to enjoy the family while the food/grill does it’s thing.

Congrats fft on the new toy!
They make a fine unit and I'm sure you'll love it and relaxing as you smoke !

It was always a great place, not sure why I stopped logging in
We joined SMF around the same time and I just came back earlier this year too. Not sure why I stayed gone for so long either. I've learned a lot from this site and continue to to learn, daily. The members here have a way of making me realize how much I still have to learn.

Reactions: fftwarren
Welcome back. Looks like you got the big boy and the bullseye huh? Congrats!
No I didn’t get the big 2500. I got the New 1250. I was going to get the 2500 but I ended up taking a job out of state and had to get an apartment. So decided to get the 1250 for home and a bullseye for the apartment

Welcome back and congrats on the new toys very good choices

Welcome back!
What are you going to cook first!
Al
Gonna assemble and burn in first thing in this morning when the sun comes up. After that probably going to reverse sear some Picanha that I picked up at Costco. Then smoke a chicken for dinner. Then start a brisket for overnight smoke. Full day of smoking/grilling festivities planned

Reactions: chopsaw and Steve H
P
I love new toys! Look forward to your post and thoughts on using the pellet vs offset.
Jim
Planning to make some videos throughout the weekend on just this topic. Will be sharing them once I complete them. I’m new to making YouTube videos so may take me a little time but I’m getting there. Will share pics until then

Reactions: JLeonard
Gonna assemble and burn in first thing in the morning. After that probably going to reverse sear some Picanha that I picked up at Costco. Then smoke a chicken for dinner. Then start a brisket for overnight smoke.

Welcome back, Warren!! Cool New Toys!!
I gotta tell you, I have never done an overnight smoke, because my Smoker was on my "All Wood" front porch, with a WOOD wall behind it & a wood ceiling above it, connected to an ALL WOOD House.
If you want to do an unattended overnight smoke, I would at least get used to my new toys first, and if at all possible, set it up in a position, so that if things went South, your house could not possibly be affected.

Just My 2 Piasters,
Bear

Reactions: OldSmoke and RCAlan
Welcome back! Nice toys! Santa came early to your house

Ryan

Welcome back, Warren!! Cool New Toys!!
I gotta tell you, I have never done an overnight smoke, because my Smoker was on my "All Wood" front porch, with a WOOD wall behind it & a wood ceiling above it, connected to an ALL WOOD House.
If you want to do an unattended overnight smoke, I would at least get used to my new toys first, and if at all possible, set it up in a position, so that if things went South, your house could not possibly be affected.

Just My 2 Piasters,
Bear
Not bad thinking. Ya get excited about things and forget accidents can still happen

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky