• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rmartinez2

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Feb 13, 2019
Hey everyone,

Today i will be making 8 racks of ribs. I've got 4 on the top rack and 4 on the main rack. Im running at 250* and my grill display says 250 (+/- the usual). My thermometers are reading way way lower at around 160 to 180*. There's hardly room for the thermometers and I'm guessing the meat itself is not allowing a true reading? or should i be concerned and bump it up until the actual thermometers ready 225 and up?

I’d run it at what it set at,cold meat is a heat sink for a while depending on how crowed it is

Reactions: Rmartinez2
If you have a clip for the probe, then clip it so the probe is sitting under the grate instead of on top. That way the meat shouldn't interfere with the reading.

Chris

Reactions: Rmartinez2
Good looking out everyone I let them be and they seem to be doing just fine.

I Monitor my smoker temp. So I adjust to what that Therm is telling me, not what the Smoker says it's running at. Why spend the money on a dedicated Therm and not adjust to the feedback it gives you?
In many smokers, the MES for example, the machine's temp monitoring therm is nowhere near the meat. That info is worthless. If my Grate Therm tells me the temp, at the meat, is low, I increase my smoker temp, then adjust down as the meat and the System, catches up...JJ

Reactions: NU2SMOKE
so how did the cook go? we like pictures and feed back lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky