Fridge smoker gasket?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

slapaho_injun

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 24, 2018
Minnesota
......I put a 1/2" rope gasket in and used the 2000 degree rated stove sealer it came with to glue it to the fridge. Kept the door closed for 24 hrs. Seemed to stick perfectly. I ran the smoker up to 450 degrees and then dropped it down to 240 and let it run all day. The gasket held up great I thought. Well, it's been a couple weeks since then and we have had some rain, snow, etc since then and when I opened the smoker today.......my rope gasket fell right down to the ground.......like it never had the sealant/glue ever put on it. What can I do for a permanent door gasket?

Tadpole gasket. It's a little pricey but can be screwed down. You can get up to 1/2" on Amazon but I needed 5/8" so I got mine through McMaster-carr.

I see a tadpole gasket that is rope and also a silicon, neither looks as if it can be screwed down? Part number or picture please? Thanks!

Mine is rope with a 1/2" flange.
Screenshot_20180422-082006.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky