Fixing a Kamado gasket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fdauber

Original poster
Oct 8, 2023
Hello,
I just realized the gasket of my kamado is unstuck and has shrunk a bit. It's still in good condition and I'd rather fix it rather than replacing with a new one.
Any suggestion on how to do that?
Thx!

Reactions: JLeonard
I don't know what kind of Kamado you have but clean the lip off with acetone. Use a high heat silicone on the cleaned lip and put your old gasket back on it. Here's video on a Kamado Joe.
Hope that helps.

I don't know what kind of Kamado you have but clean the lip off with acetone. Use a high heat silicone on the cleaned lip and put your old gasket back on it. Here's video on a Kamado Joe.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for the reply. I've got a Kamado Joe. My issue is the gasket has shrunk and does not cover the entire circumference of the Kamado. I was wondering if someone had tried to re-install an old gasket that has shrunk (ex: sticking a small piece of new gasket to the old one with high-temperature proof tape) - thx!

Thanks for the reply. I've got a Kamado Joe. My issue is the gasket has shrunk and does not cover the entire circumference of the Kamado. I was wondering if someone had tried to re-install an old gasket that has shrunk (ex: sticking a small piece of new gasket to the old one with high-temperature proof tape) - thx!
Do you have the classic II? I’ve been able to keep my gasket for almost 3 years using high heat silicone. If it’s shrunk, I doubt you’ll be able to fix it. I’ve been curious to try wood stove gaskets. They are cheaper.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky