FREE Double Smoked Ham Copy Kat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

AllAces

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
I too got a free, or very nearly free ham right after Easter. Until Bear came along with his FREE Double Smoked Ham I was not sure what I was going to do with it. The ham is thawing today in anticipation of doing a Copy Kat of Bear's FREE Double Smoked Ham. The only change I'm making is adding 1/8 teaspoon of ground mace to the glaze. BTW, I tasted the glaze earlier today and now I know why this ham is going to be sooooooo good. I should have it in the MES Monday morning before 9 am. Photos and results to follow.

The first time I smoked a ham in the EZ bake, I followed Bear's instructions. The ham did not have much fat trimmings on it so I couldn't exactly do what Bear does with the trimmings. Bear did post a thread not too long ago about using bacon in the drip pan above the ham. That is most definitely on the "bucket list".

Thanks Bear!

I too got a free, or very nearly free ham right after Easter. Until Bear came along with his FREE Double Smoked Ham I was not sure what I was going to do with it. The ham is thawing today in anticipation of doing a Copy Kat of Bear's FREE Double Smoked Ham. The only change I'm making is adding 1/8 teaspoon of ground mace to the glaze. BTW, I tasted the glaze earlier today and now I know why this ham is going to be sooooooo good. I should have it in the MES Monday morning before 9 am. Photos and results to follow.

Don't let me miss your Ham Thread when you post it.
You'll love it!!

Here's that one with the Bacon in the Drip Pan:
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/threads/free-double-smoked-ham-big-spiral-surprise.278514/

Bear

Oh...
And here I was thinking you were giving away some FREE ham.
But if you post a picture, I'll download it, print it out, and taste it.... :confused:o_O

I don't have a 3D printer, but I did have this nice butt end of a ham. It's in the MES per Bear's instructions.
DSC06446.JPG

The ham hit 124F internal and just as Bear said, I added the glaze. Dudes, that glaze is so goooood you could pour it over ice cream. I saved out a little and added a little Myer's Dark Rum and some butter. WOW! I know how I am going to flavor my next batch of pecan brittle. Bear hit that glaze outta the park.
BTW, that bacon in the drip pan is gonna make some fine eatin'.

The ham came off exactly as Bear described in his post. Willie, our yard man was here and he and I stood around snacking on the rindered, and candied bacon. Strained the drippings from below the ham, added a little brown sugar and some of the spice mixture, reduced as a sauce for the ham. The wife came in the kitchen and started snacking on the candied bacon. Sliced off half the ham for Willie. Dinner was sliced ham, sauce, blackeyed peas, cornbread and lemon bars for desert.
DSC06447.JPG
DSC06448.JPG

Reactions: Bearcarver
Oh Yeah!! That's Good Stuff!!
Glad it worked good for ya!
Eating that Bacon is definitely another Plus!!!
When I use the fat trimmings in the drip pan, the fat is a little too fatty, and the skin is a little tough. Good chewing though!!
Like.

Bear

Oh Yeah!! That's Good Stuff!!
Glad it worked good for ya!
Eating that Bacon is definitely another Plus!!!
When I use the fat trimmings in the drip pan, the fat is a little too fatty, and the skin is a little tough. Good chewing though!!
Like.

Bear
In the fall when we get the new crop of pecans I make a bunch of butter pecan brittle. This year I plan to flavor at least one batch with the spice mixture used on the ham. I may even make a batch with the spice mixture and some Myer's Dark Rum.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky