For The Love Of The Football Game

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm with you Larry, this is like my third time checking out these birds, I just keep drueling and drueling and :drool:

Might just have to try this out next!

Boy, those birds look delicious!

Just curious why you added the sodium nitrate if you knew the birds would be eaten quickly after the salt bath and smoke?  I thought the cure was only to be used for prolonging the meat storage process, but you didn't need to use any if you were planning on cooking and eating it pretty much right away...
oh no, you can cure and smoke any meat you want for flavor profile.  Just like a brisket - smoke it, and it is delicious beef!   Cure it and boil it and it is corned beef, cure it and smoke it and it's  pastrami!  Same with the chickens, just adds a ham-like flavor that is unique and an extra flavor profile!
Very nice Pops!

Got any sliced pics?  I'd like to see the inside of that bird.

Bill
Usually I do, but it was like a feeding fest for buzzards!  And I was one of 'em, lol!   Here's a Qview of another time:

The pink is from the curing, not undercooking.  Just like ham vs. pork.  Just delicious!

I used your brine receive less the cure additive on 2 birds yesterday and they were excellent. I took 2 whole chickens and split them down the middle so I had 4 halves. Put them in the brine at 8A.M.soaked them till 2 P.M put them on my little propane smoker for 3 hours at 225 degrees. A few Hickory chips in the box. Turned out awesome. Thanks for sharing. Hope you don't mind me using the receipe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky