1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

First Time Ribs on the Smoker

Discussion in 'Pork' started by salisboss, Jun 19, 2018.

1. salisboss

salisboss Fire Starter

MVIMG_20180617_100821.jpg IMG_20180617_150437.jpg For Father's Day I had my first attempt at ribs in the smoker. I bought two racks of spareribs and coated them with Dinosaur BBQ rub from the store. I did one rack for 2 hrs smoke then wrapped with some apple juice for two more hours. The other rack was dry for the first 3:45 and sauced and finished for 15 minutes. After completion they rested in foil for 2 hours while the rest of the meal came together. They were awesome. I liked them both but for different reasons. The unwrapped ribs had a nice bark and smokiness while the wrapped ones were definitely richer and more juicy. I did 225-235 with just the AMTS with hickory pellets.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

gmc2003 likes this.
  2. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

They look good to me nice color and pullback. I think your missing a couple of pictures. I can see two, but also see two image tags.

Point for sure.

Chris

salisboss likes this.
  3. dcecil

dcecil Master of the Pit

Looks like success, great job. Hopefully you can get the other pics to come through

salisboss likes this.
  4. salisboss

salisboss Fire Starter

The IMG were those two pictures. I couldn't use the google photos link for some reason.

5. aepoynor

aepoynor Newbie

They look great. I've not used foil yet, but am planning on it next time I do ribs.

6. gmc2003

gmc2003 Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member

Sail, if your using a camera, then plug it into the computer and highlight the pictures you want to post. Then just drag them over to the thread your posting to. They should show up under the post and give you the option of posting a full-size picture, thumbnail or delete. Once you choose they will show up wherever you have your cursor.

Edit: I have no clue how to do it if your using a phone.

7. SmokinAl

SmokinAl SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Well the one photo that did come thru looks real good!
    Nice job on your first attempt!
    Al

8. salisboss

salisboss Fire Starter

We definitely like the no foil better but they were both good.