FREEZER FIND "RIBS"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
Going through the freezer and found this rack of spareribs, got them thawed enough to trim up a little, dusted with a little crooked pig seasoning and on to the pitboss set at 250. Smoked for about 5 1/2 hours. They look done to me. Now just have to wait until supper and reheat. Thanks for looking.
20231220_140902.jpg
20231220_100626.jpg
20231220_140736.jpg

Looks good Jim, I love "freezer finds"! I just discovered a pair of dino beef ribs that I'll smoke in a couple of days, got to be 2-3 years old, look perfect. RAY
Thanks Ray, wish I can find some of those dino ribs but I highly doubt it.

Gonna be good Jim ! I just about got mine all cleaned out , and starting over on filling it up .

Reactions: smokerjim
Fun find! Good looking supper.
I did the freezer clean when we got here in October. Nothing good to cook, but a few items to toss. Wish the clams had survived as wife has gotten fond of Irish seafood soup.
Did the freezer clean again tonight to make room for Costco chicken and pull out the beef shank and ribs for making beef barley soup. Sorry gang, I just don't like beef ribs grilled or smoked. They make great beef stock though.

Fun find! Good looking supper.
I did the freezer clean when we got here in October. Nothing good to cook, but a few items to toss. Wish the clams had survived as wife has gotten fond of Irish seafood soup.
Did the freezer clean again tonight to make room for Costco chicken and pull out the beef shank and ribs for making beef barley soup. Sorry gang, I just don't like beef ribs grilled or smoked. They make great beef stock though.
Thank you sir what is irish seafood soup, never heard of it.

Freezer fix'ins at it's best Jim. Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: smokerjim
Thank you sir what is irish seafood soup, never heard of it.
Irish Seafood Pie is a variation of Shepherd's Pie that replaces the mutton and peas with a seafood medley such as scallops, whitefish (cod), squid, shrimp, clams, etc in a cream sauce.
My wife doesn't like mashed potatoes, so I converted to a soup with diced potatoes similar to an amped up New England clam chowder. I did omit the bacon, but may try in the next batch.

Irish Seafood Pie is a variation of Shepherd's Pie that replaces the mutton and peas with a seafood medley such as scallops, whitefish (cod), squid, shrimp, clams, etc in a cream sauce.
My wife doesn't like mashed potatoes, so I converted to a soup with diced potatoes similar to an amped up New England clam chowder. I did omit the bacon, but may try in the next batch.
That sounds good.

Chris

Reactions: Fueling Around
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky