First smoked Turkey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shawnc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 4, 2015
Wow, the information that everyone shares here is so helpful. Thank you to everyone. I tried a smoked turkey on thanksgiving (ran out of time to do a practice) and from brining to spices, the information helped me make a home run on the bird. Skin was not as good as my oven cooked bird but tonight the breast meat was moist and the flavors were amazing.
This is about 80% cooked
And this is the final

I too did my first smoke ever after finding this site and reading a ton of topics.

On your skin, raising the temp of the smoker at the end, or pulling it early (145-150 IT) and finishing it in the oven at 425° will give you that great crispy skin.

If it had not been for SMF, I would have flopped on my own smoking adventures for sure!

Great work for your first, points for sure!
points1.png

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky