Smoked Turkey Breast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jcam222

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 13, 2017
Northeast Ohio
Dog a few things in the Lang today but first off is this turkey breast I did for a friend. Pretty straight forward injected with Butcher BBQ Bird Booster and rubbed with Red Beard Seasoning rub. That Bird Booster is just straight bird magic. Despite overshooting my desired pull temp of 160 by 10 degrees it's still just as juicy as can be. I use it on all poultry and have for a long time but that surprised me.
PXL_20230820_191056481.jpg
1000004924-01.jpeg
1000004946-01.jpeg
Thanks for looking! Back to tending the fire.

Last edited:
Looks great, I love smoking Turkey Breasts. I tend to use my own rub or Kosmo's Dirty Bird.
I will have to give Bird Booster a try.

Smoke on!

- Jason

Reactions: jcam222
Looks great, I love smoking Turkey Breasts. I tend to use my own rub or Kosmo's Dirty Bird.
I will have to give Bird Booster a try.

Smoke on!

- Jason
I usually use my own rub but had some left that I was given earlier in the week. I swear by the Bird Booster inject. I think it's on sale now too.
Looks fantastic Jeff. What else is out there on the Lang?
Thanks! Did a couple butts and some pork belly
Looks awesome!
Thanks!

Looks great Jeff, and the close up of the turkey breast ,fantastic
And with the injection was still moist with the over temp.

I just did a brine and injected chicken and pulled out at above 170 and it was still very moist also, and crispy skin.

The butts and belly look great also.

David

Looks mighty tasty!
Thanks!
Oh Hell Yeah!
Thanks John
Man that is purdy Jeff. Perfection.
Appreciate it! I was very happy both both the turkey and the pic
Nice work ! The phosphate injections give you some insurance on temps for sure .
Thanks Rich ,I've used the inject for years. I knew results were juicy but never realized just how much it helped if over temp.
Looks great Jeff, and the close up of the turkey breast ,fantastic
And with the injection was still moist with the over temp.

I just did a brine and injected chicken and pulled out at above 170 and it was still very moist also, and crispy skin.

The butts and belly look great also.

David
Thanks David! You know we love our closeups 😂

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Looks great Jeff, my taste-buds would be screaming thank you!!!

Points for sure
Chris

Killer looking turkey breast Jeff. I forgot all about having the that injection. Not even sure I tried that one yet but the pork and brisket are really good. I going to try make pasta today with that flour. Will let uou know how it goes.

Last edited:
Wow Jeff, it all looks fantastic. gotta admit though, I do love smoked turkey breasts. Been having a hard time finding them recently but am on the lookout every time I stumble into a grocery store. One day they will show back up...I hope. the butts and PBBE's look fantastic also but something about that turkey.....

Robert

A multitude of mouthwatering goodness in those pics! I'll take a big plate of all of it please.

Jim
Thanks Jim! Welcome for dinner anytime!
Looks great Jeff, my taste-buds would be screaming thank you!!!

Points for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris!
Great job Jeff! It all looks delicious!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!
Everything looks great
Thanks Jim
That turkey breast looks fantastic.
Gary
Thanks Gary. It was tasty and I got lucky with a good pic
Killer looking turkey breast Jeff. I forgot all about having the that injection. Not even sure I tried that one yet but the pork and brisket are really good. I going to try make pasta today with that flour. Will let uou know how it goes.
Thanks Brian. Yep all his injects are good. For sure let me know on that pasta experiment.

Wow Jeff, it all looks fantastic. gotta admit though, I do love smoked turkey breasts. Been having a hard time finding them recently but am on the lookout every time I stumble into a grocery store. One day they will show back up...I hope. the butts and PBBE's look fantastic also but something about that turkey.....

Robert
Thanks Robert! I'm not a huge turkey fan but do enjoy smoked breast. Honestly I consider that injection to be essential for it. The moistness and flavor is mind blowing. This breast was a freezer clean out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky