First smoke on new WSM 22.5

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

edatx

Original poster
Apr 19, 2015
Beef short ribs. Lot of work for so little result. But goooood. Next time I will get the longer cut ribs. Used Fiesta Brisket Rub with some Oak and Pecan wood.

IMG_0040.JPG

Looks like you nailed those!!! I love Dino bones, but they have gotten terribly expensive here at $6.99 per pound!

They look GREAT! If it wasn't raining, I'd head to the freezer!

I learned something last month when I had a hankering for beef ribs. I had the meat cutter get me short ribs directly from the vacuum pak. Four short cut ribs with all the meat attached between them. Picked up six, basically 24 short ribs. Vacuum sealed 4 and smoked 2. That's the way I'm buying short ribs from now on.

001.JPG

Yeah, I talked to the butcher at the local HEB and theycan cut me longer ribs, which is what I really want. Few more rib smokes and I'll get a brisket.

Nice job on ribs, and breaking that WSM in properly. I think that's the first of many to come.

Point for sure

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky