First smoke on MES30 - QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gfishertx

Original poster
Jul 10, 2009
Austin, TX
Hey guys,

First smoke on my new MES30 today.  Been smoking on 2 other smokers for a few years (Brinkmann Vertical Charcoal and Char-Broil Vertical Propane)

Went with a 5.1LB Bone-in Boston Butt.  Brined overnight and slapped on some Jeff's this morning after letting the butt come up to temp a bit.

3942bf0f_BostonButt.jpg

Fired up the AMNPS with a small bed of cherry layered with a nice bed of Hickory

8f0180c5_AMNPS-Start.jpg

Now the smoker is going to town with a nice TBS coming out of my make-shift smoke stack courtesy of the ever popular "ubiquitous red cup".

f9194423_Smoking.jpg

Haha, you can see my morning hair!  

Will let you guys know how it turns out!  

Greg

icon_cool.gif

Well it looks like you are off to a good start and we will have to check back in for more. Now while you have a chance you should run over to Roll Call and introduce yourself. Then we can give the proper howdy for SMF. 

icon_cool.gif

Well it looks like you are off to a good start and we will have to check back in for more. Now while you have a chance you should run over to Roll Call and introduce yourself. Then we can give the proper howdy for SMF. 

Will do that now!  Signed up a long time ago and I guess I never got around to it.

So check this out!  I happen to have a WiFi surveillence camera laying around so I hooked it up outside by the smoker. 

If you go to this link: http://gfisher99.dyndns.info  you can log in.  I recommend using the Server Push option (even if you still use Internet Explorer) so it does not install anything on your computer.

The Username is: smf

The password is : smf

You are you logged in, click the live video link and you will see it.  You should also be able to pan the camera around.

Give it a shot!

EDIT:  If you pan all the way left, you will see the Maverick Remote Temps.

Recommend using Google Chrome or Firefox.  Internet Explorer doesnt seem to like the push mode on my computer, at least.

Last edited:
Meat's been on 2 hours (Started at 9:00AM CST), and we are at 126 degrees.  MES is staying between 222-229, AMNPS is still smoking away!  Gotta love it.

Last edited:
LOL....That was TOOO COOL!...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky