First Prime Rib, First Frozen Salmon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eaglewing

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 4, 2008
St. Louis MO
Wife got a Frozen Salmon for only $6 ...

So I thought to myself why not thaw it out in Brine...

using Bob's Brine (left out the Tabasco) http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=62346

Been Jonesin' to do a Prime Rib so I went to Sam's in a crunch and probably paid too much but I saved on the Salmon so what the heck.

6lber and cut one thick steak off it for myself for later date...

See that knife in the above pic. A local place makes those for all the area restaurants and sells them for ONLY $15!!!! They sharpen them on the spot too. They were sharpening hundreds Friday when I went in there... The place is in the Heart of what is called "The Hill". Big Old Italian community with tons of restaurants in it.
I bought 2!!!

MORE Qviews to come...

I love visiting The Hill! Ragazzi's fish bowl is a staple of St. Louis! Hey, I live in Memphis and found some Ragazzi's tomato sauce in my local grocery. Good stuff.

Yes it is!!!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Prime Rib at 116*

Salmon is cooking right along

Now I like the steak it looks good and you might think you would see fred flintstone running around somewhere. That knife looks pretty good, so whats the weight like on it.??

I like it, probably just right for it's size. 10" long, 3" wide and .085 thick. I mean common, $15 and sharpened anytime I want only a few miles from my house... this is 'Golden Jerry, golden I tell you'. (Seinfeld)

OK, PR in the cooler, wife and me having the Salmon now...

How about the huge taters...

Got my juice all ready for the big boy to come out of the cooler...

I came back from Heaven to post these pics for you guys... WOW, someone tell me why I waited so long to smoke my absolute favorite food??

That PR looks great! Just perfect!! What did you do with the juice in the pan?

You have made what could be one of my favorite meals -- salmon and prime rib. Wonderful, just wonderful.

This inspires me -- prime rib is now on my smoking list!

Thanks for posting this tasty Qview!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky