First jerky with new smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tntragan

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 21, 2015
Reedsport, Oregon
This is my first attempt at jerky in my new smoke hollow gas smoker. It's a recipe I found for smoked fish and only used about half the spices so I added some cure number 1 and a little water to make a brine and smoke them up. Smoked them for about 5 hours. Should have pulled them at four as some were a little over done but all in all they were very tasty and my son is packing them away. Of course I am getting my share as well.

Looks good! I've never made jerky before, but I guess this is one more thing for the ToDo list.

Al

Great job on the Jerky - I love Jerky, I have a bag open here at the house and a bag going at work.

A man could live on Jerky, and a little coffee now and then.
biggrin.gif

Looks-Great.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky