Fermented Galic Honey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You drink mead and catch a buzz.

The homebrewer in me would think adding a mead yeast or champagne yeast would give you a cleaner product than whatever wild yeast are in there.

Sure if you dont pasturize the honey the wild yeast will still be there but their flavor contribution would be muted. I have brewed beers where the beer yeast did not take off and whatever wild fell in there fermented the beer. Disgusting band-aid and other assorted nasty flavors.
Lambic Mead

Reactions: nicefly
Wasn't able to taste the garlic last week, smell and taste were still hindered. Now I'm back to normal and had to dig in. As you can see, the garlic is sinking now. Smell when I open the lid is a slight honey and garlic smell, neither is over powering over the other. Garlic has taken on a darker color but is still very crisp. Taste is definitely unique to me. There is a slight garlic flavor but has sort of a fruit taste. Not really a flavor I can describe but I really like it. Also seems fermentation has slowed down enough to not notice bubbles anymore. Now I'm going to try the same with hot peppers, make a spicy honey.

Attachments

• 20220220_150124.jpg
    20220220_150124.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220220_150107.jpg
    20220220_150107.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220220_145624.jpg
    20220220_145624.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for the update CS. It looks good to me.

If you get a chance; will you take a picture of a cut open clove? Just curious about what the inside looks like.

Thanks for the update CS. It looks good to me.

If you get a chance; will you take a picture of a cut open clove? Just curious about what the inside looks like.
Didn't think to do that earlier. Here ya go

Attachments

• 20220220_172258.jpg
    20220220_172258.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: one eyed jack
Never seen this before. What is the point of this? Are you flavoring the honey, the garlic or both? Is the garlic meant to be eaten by itself or cooked into something. I could see using the garlic honey as a sweetener when cooking or when baking my bread. How much sugar is left in the honey by the end of the fermentation? The neighbors on the farm behind me keep about 20-30 hives

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky