• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Favorite Winter Beers?

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I just ran across "Hurricane", 8.1 % and tastes good too!
They call it "Hurricane Category 5." And it's made by AB.
Al

Fueling Around

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Vacationing in Florida and sampling my way through local brews.
So far my favorite Cigar City Jai Alai out of Tampa.
Thought I liked SweetWater from Atlanta, but after a few rounds of 4 of their signature blends, they taste too much the same.

My daughter bought me some crowlers for my birthday. Junkyard Brewery in Moorhead MN is now my favorite "stand in line" artisan brewery. Stand in line because they have such a limited production that customers do stand in line to get a crowler or 2 of a new release.

Derek717

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Oct 10, 2017
Vacationing in Florida and sampling my way through local brews.
So far my favorite Cigar City Jai Alai out of Tampa.
Thought I liked SweetWater from Atlanta, but after a few rounds of 4 of their signature blends, they taste too much the same.

My daughter bought me some crowlers for my birthday. Junkyard Brewery in Moorhead MN is now my favorite "stand in line" artisan brewery. Stand in line because they have such a limited production that customers do stand in line to get a crowler or 2 of a new release.
Jai Alai is awesome!

forktender

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 10, 2008
Pliny the Elder and Pliny the Younger made by the Russian River brewing company in Santa Rosa CA.
It's the nectar of the God's.

tritowner

Fire Starter
Joined Aug 25, 2012
Two Hearted.Kalamazoo Mich.
I drink in summer when Im at a Detroit Tigers game and Winter or any time. Never found on my side of border, so I either pick up when in the States or have my nephew in Mich bring some when he comes to Canada. Yum
that's a nice beer!

Robert H

Fire Starter
Joined Nov 29, 2017
Yeah it is.Best of all, my nephew is coming to watch Lions vs Packers on the 29th for a pot luck.When he asked what to bring, well you know what my answer was lol.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I reached for 1 to many Two Hearted ale's in the past . Worst hang over I've ever had .
Bells makes some really good beers . I like Big porch ale and Oberon .

S-met

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 1, 2019
Allagash Curieux

North coast:
Old Rasputin
Le Reve
Brother Thelonious

Jackrabbit brewing:
Jack porter
Pub ale
Olde ale
Petite Dubbel

Any Belgian Dub, tripel or quad.

timstalltaletav

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 8, 2012
I don't know if I'd consider it a winter beer but Nugget Nectar just dropped from Troegs. Just had my first taste of it last night. Excellent as always, might actually go to the brewery today for afternoon matinee of beer drinking.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.