Fall adventure lead to some great wood oven pizza..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davidlsi

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 2, 2010
My wife and I are football fans.  This year we traveled to Dallas to see the Bears in Dallas, multiple trips to see her almamator (sp?) Northern Illinois play and a trip to see a high school football game at the Wisconsin-Michigan border towns of Menominee and Marionette to see one of the oldest high rival football games (Link to article about this http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/2010/10/the-m-and-m-game/ )  

We were lucky enough to have been hosted by Ray and his family, who promised "Brick Oven Pizza" for dinner.   An all day process that I found interesting and very tasty .  Please enjoy the tale of the process........

Four acts total of 25 minutes

Comments always appreciated....

SeeYa

DavidLSI

Looks yummy! We have a big round 22 " pizza stone that fits right in our weber kettle. Get the heat up to around 600 and throw on a few hickory chunks. Slide a pizza on to the hot stone. Takes about 6-8 minutes and you have a pizza as good as any brick oven. The video was a nice touch.

best way to cook a pizza......................need to build one.

icon_cool.gif

Hey I made a pizza yesterday too. Now it wasn't cooked in a brick oven it was cooked it a regular oven thou. I put some of my homemade sausage and bacon thou.

Last edited:
I keep telling Ma Dutch that one day I'm going to build me an outdoor kitchen. One of the "must haves" is a wood fired pizza oven.

Thanks for sharing the videos with us David!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky