Smoke arm roast?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jsmith218

Original poster
Feb 4, 2024
Lincoln, NE
I'm wondering if I smoke an arm roast if I'll be able to shred it. I've smoked a few chucks to about 160 then put it in a foil pan with some beef broth (1 or 2 cups) cover and finish to IT of 205 or so. I shred it and make sandwiches, they've turned out amazing. I have an arm roast that I was wondering if I could do the same thing with. Also have a tip roast, I think those are better cooked to more of a rare temp if I remember correctly? Thanks for any advice.

You can treat an arm roast just like a chuck. The arm roast tends to be less fatty than the chuck, but that also varies depending on the specific piece of meat.
If by a tip roast you mean sirloin tip, then you are right about not cooking much above medium rare.

Reactions: Jsmith218
You can treat an arm roast just like a chuck. The arm roast tends to be less fatty than the chuck, but that also varies depending on the specific piece of meat.
If by a tip roast you mean sirloin tip, then you are right about not cooking much above medium rare.
Thanks for the reply, I assume it's a sirloin tip, but that's all it says is tip roast.

I pretty much cook arm roasts the same as chuck. Yeah, go for rare to med. on the sirloin tip.

Reactions: Jsmith218
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky