Duck for supper

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MSK2193

Fire Starter
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
May 22, 2021
Dallas area, TX
Smoked a couple of duck breasts on the Bradley using Cherry for a 3-hour, low temp smoke followed by a quick sear of the skin. Pretty tasty!

IMG_0844.jpeg

That looks awesome, is it wild or domestic duck? I have a freezer full of Mallard and Sprig and Speckle belly goose. I need to make up some Italian sausage to make some room in the freezer soon.

Yours is done perfectly, I don't like it bloody rare like some peep's do.
Try a little fresh horseradish on it the next time you make it or on the leftovers if there is any left.

Dan

Looks mighty good from my screen

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: MSK2193
That looks awesome, is it wild or domestic duck? I have a freezer full of Mallard and Sprig and Speckle belly goose. I need to make up some Italian sausage to make some room in the freezer soon.

Yours is done perfectly, I don't like it bloody rare like some peep's do.
Try a little fresh horseradish on it the next time you make it or on the leftovers if there is any left.

Dan
Domestic (unfortunately). Interesting - will definitely have to give the horseradish a try.

Reactions: forktender
Domestic (unfortunately). Interesting - will definitely have to give the horseradish a try.
Jalapeno apricot or jalapeno black berry jelly is killer on fowl as well.
I reduce it down by almost half not quite half then flambé using whichever whiskey or Port that you have around the house at the time. My favorite side dishes to anything fowl is bacon braised red cabbage, sauerkraut and fried Spaetzle.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky