Down In My Freezer

Discussion in 'Sausage' started by nepas, Mar 6, 2011.

1. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I find 2 packs of sausage that i made.

Creole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brats

[​IMG]

Creole & Brats

[​IMG]

2. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Nepas you gotta slow down. Your killing me! The brats look great, but I like mine a little more well done please, with mustard & onions, thank-you.

3. les3176

les3176 Master of the Pit

Hey Nepas do you eat sausage everyday????? LOL  But seriously if you do...i'm moving in!!!  [​IMG]

4. fpnmf

fpnmf Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Fl
    Nice!!

Craig

5. nepas

nepas Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Well not every day, maybe 2-3x a week

6. bearcarver

bearcarver Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Your freezer must be a scary sight!

Probably looks like some kind of a snake farm, with all of those hundreds of tasty sausages & bolognas crawling around in there, just waiting to be devoured !!!!

Bear

7. rdknb

rdknb Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Very Nice

8. nepas

LOL

Funny. Reminds me when i was a kid growing up in the S, Calif desert catching and butchering rattlers. I would skin em, salt em down wrap and put em in the freezer. My mom would freak.

9. boykjo

boykjo Sausage maker Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

nice......

10. tyotrain

tyotrain Master of the Pit

looks good but i am with Al on this one need me some onion mustard and peppers.. [​IMG]

11. venture

venture Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Well, it seems even the folks from the midwest can't agree on the right way to do brats.

Is there a wrong way?

Or this just about grandma's meatloaf?

12. alblancher

alblancher Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

Nepas,

Any reason you don't vacuum pack your sausage?

Al

13. nepas

Al

99% of the time i do vac seal.

[​IMG]

14. arnie

arnie Smoking Fanatic

Do they last that long?

15. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

hmmmm, amazing what you find when you're rooting around. Think I'll go to the garage and check mine...doubt I'll find anything near as nice as Creole sausage or brats though

16. chef willie

chef willie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Thought you would have jumped on those Creoles Al, liking Cajun as you do...lol

17. nepas

Fresh sausage properly wrapped will last around 6 months.....unless that is if you eat it all.

18. nepas

These are the creole sausage i did that i took with me to friends in Florida and Alabama. All but 8 links were frozen then vac sealed for traveling.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]