Please Help - Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker Sensor stuck at 300 degrees F

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi, did you ever get a solution to your problem. I have the exact same problem. Won't heat and defaults to 300 degrees. I replaced temp sensor no change...put new connectors on back control panel no change

Hi, did you ever get a solution to your problem. I have the exact same problem. Won't heat and defaults to 300 degrees. I replaced temp sensor no change...put new connectors on back control panel no change
Hi there and welcome!

I believe the bottom circuit board was the problem. If the smoker heats up regardless of set temp then the bottom circuit board relay is stuck in the "On" position so it heats up to like 300+ degrees until the safety switch cuts off the power for a short bit.

Those bottom circuit boards are hard to come by (basically impossible these days) but if you wanted to do the simple rewire and use a PID controller you would be up and running with a smoker that was like 20x better than anything Masterbuilt makes brand new. Ask any questions you have if you are interested in more info :D

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky