Double Smoked Easter Ham

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jamesb

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 31, 2005
Irving, TX
Hey! Finally getting a chance to stop back by the forum... Thought I would show ya what we had for Easter lunch.

Wife wanted ham... Kids requested that we cook something to remind them of their Grandma (my mom)... Kids requested 'fried' corn and mac n cheese... Had those Brown-n-Serve rolls just like mom used to do too...

Started with a Cook's brand half ham... Skinned it and applied a bit of mustard and a ton of rub! Had a bit of Sucklebuster's Hog Waller and some Texas BBQ Rub mixed together with added brown sugar. Re-smoked on the WSM with charcoal and pecan...

Hope everybody's Easter went as good as ours...

Wow that looks good!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Hey - good looking smoke! Please tell me how you did the corn...I can't get my wife and kids to eat any vegetables but corn and green beans, so I'm always looking for a new way to dress them up!

The corn is real simple... Start with frozen corn. That's the way mama always did it and canned corn doesn't work... Fresh kernels might work, but have never tried... Anyway, I melt some butter in a cast iron pan over medium heat and add the corn kernels. Stir it so that everything gets coated with butter. Give it a stir every now and then. The kernels will start to caramelize and some may even start to pop. Adjust the salt and add as much freshly ground black pepper as you like, the more the better... That's it!

Bell peppers, jap peppers, onions etc. can be added for more variations.

Nice looking ham.Seems to be consensus on second smoke being lighter woods-i will keep that in mind when doing this.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky