Don't let your Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
It was a fine Saturday afternoon, and I needed to replenish the meatloaf stash. As well as a couple of freezer fix'in snacks. So "Like a bat out of Hell" let's get the Kettle fired up for some fun.

Naturally the Beerpole is ready and waiting:
DSC05403.JPG

Lightly saute up some veggies. 2 Habenaro, 1 bell, 1 pablano, and a small onion.
DSC05389.JPG

2.25 pounds of 85/15 ground beef and 1 pound of hot Italian sausage gently broken up.
DSC05392.JPG

add in some oats, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, Kinders Woodfired garlic rub, and some black pepper.
DSC05395.JPG

three beaten eggs and the veggies are next:
DSC05397.JPG

and form:
DSC05399.JPG

onto the the 22" Kettle with charcoal baskets. Hickory is providing the smoke flavor: I also added two naked fatties for freezer snacks.
DSC05405.JPG

Sliced and vacuum sealed all of it up this morning. Boy am I looking forward to gnashing on some of this later on this week and down the road at work.
DSC05409.JPG

Thanks for putting up with my post, and enjoy your Sunday.

Chris

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Those look great Chris and will sure make some great sammies this week !

Keith
Thanks Keith. I plan on frying a slice up tonight for just that reason. A little melted cheddar and we all good.
Some nice work there Chris, love smoked meatloaf! RAY
Appreciate it Ray. This one had a little too much heat for the wifey. So I don't have to worry about it mysteriously disappearing from the freezer.

Chris

man oh man....A great looking loaf. On the fatties....just breakfast sausage smoked? Do you just eat as a snack? Educate me cause I want to try it.

Jim
Thanks Jim, The fatty is just a chub of Jimmy Dean regular. I give it the shake-n-bake treatment with whatever rub I'm in the mood for. This time one was Tony C's and the other was Cabela's bourbon. Once in a while I'll split the chub down the middle(length wise) and stuff it with a cheese stick. Then reform and give it a good rubdown.
Looks great, hard to beat a meal like that 👍
Appreciate it J. A good smoked meatloaf is most excellent.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
Meatloaf = yum.

But that Nastygansett, I dunno about that lol. I thought they quit selling it around here but I actually saw a couple of 6 packs in a Food Lion the other day.
LOL if it's cheap it's hard to beat, and gansett is cheap and thanks for the comment.
Heck yeah! Meatloaf sammies are the way to go! Looks great!
Appreciate it Steve. I should be frying one up tonight for dindin.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky