DELICIOUSLY Tender, Fall Apart, JUICY Organic Rib Eye Steak! SO GOOD!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

londonfog

Original poster
Apr 6, 2017
Hey guys!

So I was at my local store and found some really nice looking organic rib eye steaks. I thought I'd two of them a go on my smoker as I hadn't used her in a little while and it was great weather. 

I used a salt / pepper dry rub, and aimed to maintain the temperature at 300f or just below. I messed up and went up to 400f at one point when I added more coals and could here the meat sizzle but it looks like I caught it fast enough. 

I used Apple Wood for the smoke. 

I smoked for 2 hours and then wrapped with a little bit of beef broth for 3 more hours. 

The result was this JUICY, FALL APART, TENDER steak that was just insane. It was buttery but still had a really good bite to it! The fat mixed into the beef broth was amazing, and shredding up the steak and mixing it into the juices altogether was just incredible. 

This would be PERFECT for a steak sandwich. Thinking of doing a philly cheese steak style sandwich with this next time. 

(Buncha_Bologna is our Instagram page!)

Last edited:
Never seen a ribeye that tender before!

Looks like a chuckie!

Point!

Al

Last edited:
Thank you guys!! It WAS a long time just for some steaks but nothing beats that flavour and juiciness! So unique compared to regularly cooking a steak!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky