CrazyQ's BBQ Trailer Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Well i seasoned it today. It does awesome on keeping temp. Got it up to 250 in about 30-40 minutes, threw on a split about every hr or so. Split being a piece about 4"x8". Maintained 250 all day and never touched the inlet damper and never needed a stack damper. Had a temp diference of anywhere from 3-5 degrees the whole time.

Im thoroughly impressed with it.

Anyways, while all that was going on i got the storage box skinned and on the trailer.

y9avuge2.jpg

7a9e9esy.jpg

Last edited:
Man that thing is looking sweet! That has to be the ultimate satisfaction to see those temps holding steady and consistent.

Yes it is! I was sweating bullets waiting to see what would happen and it did just as it was suppose too.

i've done the tuning plates and never needed or wanted to use them in a way that i wanted one side of the cooker to be warmer or cooler then the other. so it was just easier to build the RF and keep the temps the same or as close as i could get them. 

started painting it today, as you can see i left a place to install my gauges, and the stack is left bare to get the damper on it then it'll be painted. 

should have it all finished up tomorrow and have the final coat of paint on the whole thing by tomorrow afternoon.

paint is rustoleum satin black and i used a roller to apply it. went on very smooth and even.

Here is the gauges i bought for it, they'll be installed tomorrow.

Last edited:
Amazing job. Wish I had your skills. I'd give it a try myself but I am not near as talented. Looks like I will have to keep buying my cookers. lol.

Build and Ribs both look fantastic 

Gary

Thanks ya'll, its a big thing for me to finally be painting the cooker. its the biggest hurdle of the whole build haha.

Yes i sanded it down with sanding disk on my grinder. Then whiped it down and then rolled it on. Its very smooth.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky