Crappies & Air Fried Chips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Crappies & Air Fried Chips

First off I had a camera battery problem, so this is the second day of the Crappie Fillets.
Note: Crappies are from my freezer from Bear Jr’s last year’s catch

Mrs Bear made 9 Fillets, and I ate 4 of them the night before these, but my Camera Battery was Dead.
So for this meal I cut some Fries with my Cheapo Fry Cutter, soaked them in cold water for a couple hours & rinsed them a few times to get rid of some of the starch.
Then I dried them off, sprayed them with Olive Oil, and put them in my AirFrier @ 400° for 18 minutes (flipping half-way through).
Then I reheated some of my leftover Crappie Fillets & plated them with the nice pile of Air Fried French Fries.
I ended up with one Fillet left, and it went Great with the Eggs on my next morning’s Breakfast Plate. (Sorry--No Pics)

Thanks for Looking,

Bear

Cutting a couple Taters into Fries:
IMG_1793.jpg

Soaking Cut Fries in Cold Water to get rid of some of the Starch:
IMG_1794.jpg

Drying Tater cuts & Lightly spraying Olive Oil on them:
IMG_1795.jpg

Into the Hot Air Frier @ 400° for 18 minutes, flipping half-way through:
IMG_1796.jpg

Leftover Fillets from previous night's Supper:
IMG_1797.jpg

Bear's First Helping (second night) along with Home-made Air Fried Fries & Tartar Sauce:
IMG_1798.jpg

A big Thumbs Up !! You know I like Crappie I think I have 2 bags left in the freezer.
Looks great :)
upload_2018-2-13_12-57-2.jpeg

Gary

That looks good John - how well does that air fryer work? I've been thinking about one for a while, but some of the reviews are not that complimentary.

Mmmmmm one of my favorite fish to eat :D
Looks good!

I love catching them thru the ice when I use to be able to get out.I could eat them any time of the day any meal. Points
Richie

Nice looking meal Bear, were the crappies cooked via the air fryer?

Point for sure.

Chris

Haven't eaten crappie in years since moving away from the Midwest. Used to love fishing for them though, pound for pound they are one of the most fightingest fish out there !!! Looks like they made a great lunch !

That looks good John - how well does that air fryer work? I've been thinking about one for a while, but some of the reviews are not that complimentary.

Thank You PZ !!
And for the Like.
I still have a lot of things to try with it yet, but I love it !!
And I will never make Fresh Sausage any other way again.
When I used to grill them I had to split them open to get them done evenly, and when I fried them they splattered all over the place.
Fresh Sausage in the Air Fryer comes out perfect inside & out---No splattering!!
Like This:
Fresh Sausage

Bear

Looks Great, Bear!

Ya know, I was admirin your first helpin on the second day and could not help noticing that one of them looked like a Bear Paw, or print! :)

We love our Air Fryer. But mostly do skin-on Chicken thighs in it. I sprinkle on some Chef Merito Pollo seasoning.

Unfortunately, My wife had a very bad experience as a child with a catfish, and she won't eat any fish. Once in a while she'll eat Shrimp, but that's it. (She caught a catfish when she was 7, and her Dad forced her to clean it and eat it.)
My cardo doc recommended Salmon, and especially grilled Salmon. So she allows that in the house. But still whines about the smell. :rolleyes:

We really like ours, PZ. Ours is just like John and Mrs. Bear have.
We eat a LOT of chicken around here. And the Air Fryer does a great job with skin-on, bone-in thighs. I do 4 pretty big thighs at a time.
I put some Chef Marito Pollo seasoning on it, use the Chicken setting, and turn it at the 20 minute bell.
Put the skin side up first. Makes it crispy. Then turn it over for the second run.
Yummie! Our youngest Grandkids just love it!
I've done fries in it, but not that often.

Not too long ago I tried smoking some Chicken, then Air Fryer'd it. It was great!
Smoke goodness, crispy hide. (I do a lot of low temperature smoking.)
Now that I have a real smoker, I think I'll do mine smoked more often.

Reactions: idahopz
A big Thumbs Up !! You know I like Crappie I think I have 2 bags left in the freezer.
Looks great :)

Gary

Thank You Gary!!
You're about due to make some Crappies too, I believe!!
Thanks for the Like.

Bear

That's it - you guys have me wanting to get one after all. I'm trying to do crisp foods without so much fat because the wife is on a healthy kick :D

Looks great Bear.
I got a air frier for Christmas. I will be hitting you up for some help. So far I love it

Great job Bear!
Crappies are all over the place down here & for a fish fry, you just can't beat them.
Fantastic looking meal!
Al

Nice plate Bear!

I have some frozen perch in plastic bags filled with water.
Any idea how long they can remain that way and still taste like fish?

How did you bread the crappie made fish once in mine missed the way the fried breading turned out

I didn't do the Crappies in the Air Fryer.

Bear

Nice looking meal Bear, were the crappies cooked via the air fryer?

Point for sure.

Chris

Thanks Chris.
No---Didn't do them in the Air Fryer. They take up too much room.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky