Crappies & Air Fried Chips

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Haven't eaten crappie in years since moving away from the Midwest. Used to love fishing for them though, pound for pound they are one of the most fightingest fish out there !!! Looks like they made a great lunch !

Thank You TM !!
Yup---I always loved the way they fight---Got those big fins for power!!

Bear

Looks good Bear. This reminds me we have on of those air friers wonder why we are not using it more. May have to fix that

Thanks Hank!!

Bear

I have walleye in the freezer that way for a couple years no problem.

Thanks for the reply.
I'll just have to thaw one of the bags see what they look like and maybe fry a few. They've been in there for probably 3 maybe even 4 years.

Looks great Bear.
I got a air frier for Christmas. I will be hitting you up for some help. So far I love it

Thanks Adam!!
I love it. I gotta try other things, but everything I used it on worked Great, except the breaded chicken, but that was because it's too small to put more than a few pieces in---They can't overlap each other.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks like an awesome meal Bear!
Point worthy!

Thank You HC !!
And for the Like.

Bear

Great job Bear!
Crappies are all over the place down here & for a fish fry, you just can't beat them.
Fantastic looking meal!
Al

Thank You Al !!
I think you got a lot more of all Warm Water Fishes down there than we have!!
I'd be having a lot more Fish Fries if I was living down there!!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Nice plate Bear!

I have some frozen perch in plastic bags filled with water.
Any idea how long they can remain that way and still taste like fish?

Thank You Joe!
That's supposed to be a Great way to freeze-store fish.
My parents used to do that before Vac Sealing was popular.
I would guess years, without air getting to them, like frozen in a block of ice.
My Mother used to put fish in half gallon waxed Milk cartons, fill with water & freeze.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

If anyone is planning on geting the air fryer get the larger one.

Great meal there Bear.

Warren

Thank You Warren!!
Yup---Gotta get the big one, but they have to make sure they got enough power in that circuit for the big one.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Looks Great, Bear!

Ya know, I was admirin your first helpin on the second day and could not help noticing that one of them looked like a Bear Paw, or print! :)

We love our Air Fryer. But mostly do skin-on Chicken thighs in it. I sprinkle on some Chef Merito Pollo seasoning.

Unfortunately, My wife had a very bad experience as a child with a catfish, and she won't eat any fish. Once in a while she'll eat Shrimp, but that's it. (She caught a catfish when she was 7, and her Dad forced her to clean it and eat it.)
My cardo doc recommended Salmon, and especially grilled Salmon. So she allows that in the house. But still whines about the smell. :rolleyes:

Thank You Sonny!!
They do look a little like Bear Paws.:D
I got the same problem with fish---She won't eat it & complains about the smell.:rolleyes:
However she always loved to catch them!!:D
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky