Couple ugly pizzas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BB-que

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 8, 2016
Yeah, I have work to do on my shaping my pies but they tasted great! Simple dough recipe I stole from a thread by another poster who I forget. Sauce was simple as well - crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, oregano, basil, sugar, salt. Other than being ugly they turned out great. Italian sausage/hot giardinera and then a simple cheese with some peppers/olives added. About 15 minutes at 450. Simple but good
C9442379-2BD3-4C64-981D-C4F12BAF5DBA.jpeg
CCDE104B-9704-4B6D-871B-81E14EDD5D53.jpeg
BD7AA8DC-D018-4597-870C-5AF576A96D20.jpeg

What??? Those look killer too me.
Pizza doesn't have to be round, call them Roman style pizza, and you nailed it.

Reactions: BB-que
They look good. Not Ugly! Do like Pro Chef's do when a dish does not quite come together... Call it RUSTIC!😆...JJ

I think they are great looking. I don't care if my pizzas are round. I think it adds to the character.

That is definitely a good looking pizza. Our’s don’t always come out perfectly round, but you can’t taste the difference. At least everybody knows that the dough is homemade.
Al

Reactions: BB-que
Ugly???
As long as it tastes Great !!
Even an Ugly Duckling tastes Great. I shot a few of them in my younger days!!
Like.

Bear

Chicago was our go to for a long time and the food might be the main reason we went. Honestly, great idea for that pie! Totally gonna copy this sometime. With you on the sauce too, keep it SIMPLE. Mine is crushed tomato, olive oil, salt, oregano, accent. Tastes like a very ripe summer tomato from the backyard.

Looks killer! I didn’t even notice the shape cause the finished product looked so tasty!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky