Company Potluck

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trillo15

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 1, 2017
Northern BC, Canada
Hey Guys,

Sounds like we are having a company potluck on Friday for lunch. i was thinking that I will smoke a pork loin and slice it into thin slices for sandwiches. Something easy and hard to screw up, as I am working and wont have the time to attend to an all night smoke or anything like that.

I am looking for ideas of what to serve to compliment the sandwiches. Something to go on them, so it doesn't just seem like I am serving meat on a plain bun.. Any thoughts?

Thanks

How about a selection of mustards as condiment? Good vinegar based slaw as side or to top the loin?

One a nice hard roll with sauteed onions and peppers.

Chris

You asked about something to put on it , maybe it's just me ,, but if the loin is cooked to the right temp ,,, some good smoke and a bun is all you need sometimes .

Be careful of the fact when you start bring smoked BBQ of any kind to a company potluck everyone will love it. and it will be a hit. you will be asked to bring BBQ to everything! This happened to me when i started working at my current company a year and a half ago i brought ribs to a potluck a few months in and became the official-unofficial potluck coordinator over night and now we do potlucks every month that i organize! (its ok i like it) just be weary of these types of things! im sure your BBQ will be great and everyone will love it! another things you can take to something like that is country style ribs cut into cubes you can smoke them and put them on toothpick or skewers and eat as a finger food. I did this at a Carolinas' smoking meat gathering a few year back and it was a hit too! good luck and have a good potluck!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Phatbac your spot on. While I don't qualify as amature compared to folks on here, I used bears smoked ham post. I'm now the Christmas and thanksgiving ham smoker.

Thanks for all the comments and ideas! I ended up sauteing up some onions and peppers and putting it off to the side with some lettuce and assortment of cheese and BBQ sauce to build your own. I pondered the whole garlic bread idea before hand, but now that I see someone mentioning it, I think I am going to try it next time. This is what I love about this forum. A lot of great ideas from people. I am part of a few smoking groups on Facebook, with some of them being 150,000 people. I asked the same question, and the only answer I got was a smart ass one that was useless.

Thanks again guys!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky