Cold Smoked Jerky

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uncle eddie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2016
Central Missouri
I never really had the will to make 100% smoked jerky in my MES40, but I will eat all you give to me. I always make my jerky in an Open Country forced air dehydrator.

My last batch was eye of round and I took a 1/3 of it and loaded up a cookie cooling tray and popped it in my MES40 with a little hickory in my AMNPS to try to cold smoke my finished jerky. It was 50F outside when I did this and I made chewy-jerky for this batch in my Open Country dehydrator (as opposed to crunchier drier jerky) An hour and a half in the smoke later, the results were pretty good...I actually think maybe an hour of smoke might be better.

We'll check it again in the morning and I will get the families opinion this weekend.

Loaded up and ready to smoke
IMG_298 1.jpg

Thin blue smoke
IMG_2990.jpg

After smoking and two samples tested
IMG_2991.jpg

End Result: I am hooked on cold smoked dehydrator-made jerky now. It tastes about the same as 100% smoked jerky with the added convenience of using the forced air dehydrator to make the jerky easily. Since it is made with cure and marinate, I am sure I can "cold" smoke the finished dehydrator jerky through the summer as well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky