• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Chuck Steak - Pulled Beef.

SmokinVOLfan

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
SmokinVOLfan SmokinVOLfan thanks for the like - appreciated it.

Chris
Know it’s an old post but was thinking about tossing in a chucky this weekend while I’m smoking some other stuff. Been awhile so figured I would give myself a refresher and yours looked great! Gotta pick up some PBR’s to keep me warm

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Thank you Jabiru, and have fun with the chuck this weekend. I really like to minimize the amount of rub I use. That way I can taste the beef first. If I want another flavor profile - I'll add it to the meat before plating. This works well in our house since the wife and I have different opinions on taste, and we can each go our own way.

Chris

Jabiru

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 5, 2019
I am with you there gmc2003 gmc2003 , I always use a minimal rub as you say. I see some videos and they layer it an inch thick, I want to taste the meat! I also do this with ribs, if they want sauce etc add it at the plate.

Thanks mate.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.