Vegetable Soup

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Gonna Smoke

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 19, 2018
South Carolina
The weather here today is cold, cloudy, rainy, and dreary with temps in the low 40's. The next few days are going to be clear, but COLD, at least by our standards, with lows in the lower 20's. So I wanted to make soup or chili and opted for the soup. Next decision was what kind. Had everything I needed for vegetable and my wife loves it, so vegetable it is.

Since I had a couple of smoked ham bones in the freezer, ham based soup it is. Boiled the bones for a couple of hours then added the onion and tomatoes. Simmered for another hour and added the rest of the vegetables. Simmer until all are tender. All were either fresh or frozen except the tomatoes which were home canned.
  • 1 quart tomatoes
  • 1 lb. diced gold potatoes
  • 1 lb. diced carrots, fresh
  • 2 small yellow onions
  • 1 lb. frozen green peas
  • 1 lb. frozen cut green beans
  • 1 lb. frozen blackeye peas
  • 1 lb. frozen corn I had cut off the cob and put up
  • 1 lb. frozen baby lima beans
Only one pic...
20240116_143103[1].jpg

Will make some cornbread, probably jalapeno, later to have with the soup...

Yummy we are having veggie soup tomorrow. 10in of snow and -6 windchills. Stop bragging about your temps! Lol
Dang! T-shirt/shorts weather compared to the teens and snow we got huh?
I’ll take a big bowl of that soup with a slab of corn bread. Looks mighty good.

Jim

• Haha
Reactions: Gonna Smoke
That soup looks fantastic Charles, and it would sure hit the spot right about now. I just finished snow-blowing and that would have worked to warm me up more than the bowl of oatmeal I just ate.

Point for sure
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky