Chili Cheese Dog Omelette

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bertjo44

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 18, 2008
Salem, VA
PDT_Armataz_01_29.gif
Okay, I am putting this here b/c WD put his Capt. Dan omelette post here, maybe should be under poultry? Anyway, I like to try different things. Sometimes they might get a little strange (I think I get it from my grampa who is no longer with us). Anyway (again) last weekend I was hungry and the wife hadn't gone to the store yet and there wasn't much in the fridge so I whipped up a little concoction and it was pretty darn good.

Saute some onion and garlic in butter. After about 3 mins add two hot dogs cut into small pieces. About 2 mins later add some chopped japs (bout 2 tbsp) Another minute later add 2 tbsp of hot dog chili. About two mins later add 3 beaten eggs. Another 2 mins later add some shredded cheese. I topped with ketchup. This was savory, a little heat and just plain good. Of course times are approximate and you can adjust quantities to your taste. If anyone else tries, let me know what you think.

Sounds good to me. I do the same thing, I just start tossing things together, saute it all together and slap it on a roll or roll it up in a flour tortilla. Some of the best ideas are discovered this way.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky