Resurrection of the Dog!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

flatbroke

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Sep 16, 2007
I purchased a Treager Texas 075 model in April of 2009. Used it frequently until about 8 years ago when the auger stopped working. I kept it on the side yard and never really paid it much attention until yesterday. I have some time off so I took it apart and fixed the auger issue. I didn’t have a bolt small enough to fit but a duplex nail worked fine lol
IMG_8569.jpeg
IMG_8562.jpeg
turns out the pin had sheered. Simple fix. And the Dog is Alive!

I did a burn in yesterday for 2 hrs on high. Cleaned it up. And today running a batch of japs and Serrano peppers. With a few abt with beef bacon, Texas sugar rub and cream cheese.
IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8597.jpeg
IMG_8596.jpeg
It’s good to Have Dog back in action.
I decided to call it Dog to fall in line with Big Jake. They go good together. The bacon wrap isn't my best work but will fill the hole.

I used a hitch pin when I had to repair a jammed auger on my Blazin' GridIron.
Hitch Pin

Glad you got it working again.
I was looking for one but couldn’t find it in my stash. Found it after though. Anyway if the auger breaks I will get a new one. I don’t think it should though

Nice work. I’m a little concerned about that nail. It’s pretty soft and I would guess it will sheer before long. Cheap fix though. Glad to see a neglected cooker back in service, very nice.

Good job. I've got a few projects that need some attention.
SiL has to replace the auger coupling bolt about every other usage on his pooper. He's got it down to 10 minutes.

Reactions: flatbroke
Strong work dog! How was the beef bacon? Looks delicious!
It was pretty good. A neighbor said they have not heard of it before and think they may prefer it over pork bacon.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky