Chile's Cornucopia of Cooks

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
figured you had one.
I know I've another one or two, but I think I didn't post them in here since they're oven baked?
IllI have to go back through and look, that's the trouble with posting entire meals in one thread, recipes can get lost.
Hence I'm compiling this index.

I've a ton of recipes that never make it here due to not being grilled or smoked.

Incredible collection of good eats Chile. Thanks so much for putting them all in one place...

I've a ton of recipes that never make it here due to not being grilled or smoked.

Huh, maybe make another index? I wouldn't mind seeing your other stuff, so far out of all the things I have looked at, your tastes are the most inline with mine, (that I've found at least)
I understand its a smoking forum, but I find it hard to believe if you started a thread that anything would object. It seems to me that we all like to cook, and among all else we like to eat good.

Huh, maybe make another index? I wouldn't mind seeing your other stuff, so far out of all the things I have looked at, your tastes are the most inline with mine, (that I've found at least)
I understand its a smoking forum, but I find it hard to believe if you started a thread that anything would object. It seems to me that we all like to cook, and among all else we like to eat good.
I do post a few, mostly in the less frequented forums.
But I'm not gonna post non-BBQ items in the primary meat forums unless it's something really special.

I do like knowing that people are perusing and using my index, makes it worthwhile.
Thanks.

Last edited:
I do post a few, mostly in the less frequented forums.
But I'm not gonna post non-BBQ items in the primary meat forums unless it's something really special.

I do like knowing that peopkp are perusing and using my index, makes it worthwhile.
Thanks.

Well being that I just found your index last week when you said something in my thread
I haven't had much time to make anything, but everything I want to make is your recipe.
So thanks man, great collection of stuff in here.

Lately, when I make a mind blowing new dish, my better half asks if it's a Chile recipe....Of Course! Thanks again John!

Mike

Well being that I just found your index last week when you said something in my thread
I haven't had much time to make anything, but everything I want to make is your recipe.
So thanks man, great collection of stuff in here.
Lately, when I make a mind blowing new dish, my better half asks if it's a Chile recipe....Of Course! Thanks again John!

Mike
Aw schucks guys, extremely flattering of y'all... Too kind, thank you.
Like I've said, knowing people are using this index is very rewarding for the effort that went into compiling it.
I hope y'all have some great cooks and eat like Kings.

Reactions: Binford 6100
Bookmarked for future endeavors!
bowdown.gif

how can I save this thread so I can view it in the future?

What works for me is I keep an electronic recipe folder. Within that are many different documents and sub-folders arranged and organized in a way (that probably only make sense in my own mind!). But I copy the URL of the page of recipes or websites I like. I will either save as a hyperlink to the original source or copy the content directly. Depends.

Reactions: banderson7474
I saw you posted a reply too a question about hog Jowel. I plan to smoke one tomorrow and am looking for a recipe. I love jowel bacon but am not that ambitious today. So I guess I am just looking for times temps. rub etc. I have used your pulled pork sticky several times. I don't actually pull it. Just use it sliced or in a red sauce. etc.

I saw you posted a reply too a question about hog Jowel. I plan to smoke one tomorrow and am looking for a recipe. I love jowel bacon but am not that ambitious today. So I guess I am just looking for times temps. rub etc. I have used your pulled pork sticky several times. I don't actually pull it. Just use it sliced or in a red sauce. etc.
Here I am two days and two bucks short.
I regret to say that I did not receive notification of your question here, just want you to know that I wasn't ignoring you.
I hope you found a timely response to your question elsewhere on the forum.

Uncured and Smoked
Prep your hog jowl however you like it skin-on-skin off.
Dry brine for 24hrs with a generous amount of kosher salt rubbed into it. You can mix in some sugar and as well if you want to.
Rinse salt off and season if you like.
Smoke Low-n-Slow 200°-225° to an IT of 165°.
Use immediately or refrigerate and use within a few days.

Last edited:
Here I am two days and two bucks short.
I regret to say that I did not receive notification of your question here, just want you to know that I wasn't ignoring you.
I hope you found a timely response to your question elsewhere on the forum.

Uncured and Smoked
Prep your hog gel however you like it skin-on-skin off.
Dry brine for 24hrs with a generous amount of kosher salt rubbed into it. You can mix in some sugar and as well if you want to.
Rinse salt off and season if you like.
Smoke Low-n-Slow 200°-225° to an IT of 165°.
Use immediately or refrigerate and use within a few days.
Thanks that is what I did. I essentially used your pork but sticky. it is now resting in a cooler till I pull the roasted veggies from the oven.
times and temps. Including the apple rum spritz. I added a bit of maple sugar to that. As its worked well for my pork buts.

Reactions: chilerelleno
Thanks that is what I did. I essentially used your pork but sticky. it is now resting in a cooler till I pull the roasted veggies from the oven.
times and temps. Including the apple rum spritz. I added a bit of maple sugar to that. As its worked well for my pork buts.
The jowl is unctuous. melt in your moth tender. Served it with oven roasted vegetables finished under the broiler to crisp the potato wedges. Yummy.

Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky