canucks can smoke too

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

onesmoker

Original poster
Dec 10, 2013
Hi. New to the smoking scene. I come from the southern most tip of cananda and im almost done an ugly drum build. Looking for new info. Recipes ideas and the flavours Texas The carolinas and new orleans are famous for. Already in the works of designing for a 2014 summer build. Of china cabinet size. Anyway the names Aaron. Heres a pics to satisfy if need be.

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

What you wanting to smoke ?  Brisket, Pork shoulder, Ribs ?  

I can tell you how I do them here in East Texas,

Gary

I wish to smoke it all. Ribs. Shoulders bacon cheese fish. Hell maybe even a small goat lol

As for the saanoch inlet area. Thats about 4000 clicks west of me.

I live in a small town 25 minutes outside the detriot border
And thanks for having me gents

Which one you want to start with ?

gary

Bacon is first on the list. As for the process. Still researching.
I want to smoke it but not cook it. People mentioned curing with salt on my search

Have not had the opportunity to do bacon or any cool smoke stuff. Let me know when you are ready for brisket, ribs, pork shoulder, chicken, you get the picture. I have a RF and smoke around 225º wood and sometimes charcoal & wood.

Gary

Bacon is first on the list. As for the process. Still researching.
I want to smoke it but not cook it. People mentioned curing with salt on my search

Read up on curing with Cure #1..... curing with salt alone is not safe... smoke below 80 deg F for 4 - 24 hours.... that's personal preference..

I had a UDS a long time ago about the time I had a ECB. The first smoker I had that was made out of plate was in about 1983 I had a welder who worked for me (who was a great fabricator) build me a pit I designed. It was a combination off-set, straight flow smokes and charcoal grill. Cooked and smoked many a meal on that thing.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky