• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Cant smoke anything at all where I'm goin

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
Hey Mike, have a safe trip, And post some pictures when you fire up your smoker.

Gary

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Have a safe trip Mike! You'll get back just in time to catch a few salmon in the rivers!

iowa josh83

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 22, 2011
I've really enjoyed your photos and video! Thanks for giving us all a little glimpse of what its like down there. Safe Travels and get that pit fired up!

JckDanls 07

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 10, 2011
WOW.. it's been 7 1/2 months already... damn time is flying... hope it was everything you imagined... see ya when you get home.... be safe...

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 12, 2010
Sad day I suppose..... Back to "mainland" food....

java

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 30, 2010
Have a safe flight and heres to seeing your family again!!

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Safe, easy flight.  Lots of sleep.  I bet you're looking forward to being right side up again! 

Thanks for letting us all be armchair penguin herders and Southern Light catchers.     

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 9, 2012
Never mind! Weather popped up and flight is cancelled :( Thanks for the well wishes though :) .

GaryHibbert

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 20, 2013
Hey Mike
The weather will eventually clear and you'll be homeward bound. Can't believe how fast the time has flown. Safe trip home. I'll miss your posts from down there. Bet you already have a game plan for the first few smokes
Gary

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
Safe travels Mike! Sounds like a "new you" is going home! Exciting stuff! Cheers! - Leah

noboundaries

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 7, 2013
Ahhh, weather, like meat, has a mind of its own. 

Hey Mike, any trouble sleeping because you're so excited about coming home? 

Update: I just checked the weather at McMurdo Station.  Sunny skies today.  Since Mike's last post was more than 12 hours ago he may be headed home!

Last edited:

humdinger

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 27, 2012
Good luck Mike. Get home Safely! So what was your final weight loss total? Is your wife and family even going to recognize you? lol

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 9, 2012
No Im still here. :(  We had 1 sunny day but there was ice fog on the ground so they cancelled the flight. I am not sure when I will be leaving.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Sorry Mike, that sucks. Well, when you do get back, it'll be sunny and high 60's all week in your area.

gen0

Joined Sep 11, 2014
I really think you need to bring a couple sticks along for smoking.  there will be times for stories, times for work and times to design a cheap, easy smoker to tame the wild beasts. 

Good luck and good times. stay warm. 

mike johnson

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Mar 9, 2012
Yeah!!! I'm home. Tomorrow the store for some meat so I can reacquaint myself to the smoker.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Glad ya made it home.

Will be looking for cooking threads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.