Cant smoke anything at all where I'm goin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hey Mike, have a safe trip, And post some pictures when you fire up your smoker.

Gary

I've really enjoyed your photos and video! Thanks for giving us all a little glimpse of what its like down there. Safe Travels and get that pit fired up!

WOW.. it's been 7 1/2 months already... damn time is flying... hope it was everything you imagined... see ya when you get home.... be safe...

Never mind! Weather popped up and flight is cancelled :( Thanks for the well wishes though :) .

Ahhh, weather, like meat, has a mind of its own. 

Hey Mike, any trouble sleeping because you're so excited about coming home? 

Update: I just checked the weather at McMurdo Station.  Sunny skies today.  Since Mike's last post was more than 12 hours ago he may be headed home!

Last edited:
No Im still here. :(  We had 1 sunny day but there was ice fog on the ground so they cancelled the flight. I am not sure when I will be leaving.

Sorry Mike, that sucks. Well, when you do get back, it'll be sunny and high 60's all week in your area.

I really think you need to bring a couple sticks along for smoking.  there will be times for stories, times for work and times to design a cheap, easy smoker to tame the wild beasts. 

Good luck and good times. stay warm. 

Yeah!!! I'm home. Tomorrow the store for some meat so I can reacquaint myself to the smoker.

Glad ya made it home.

Will be looking for cooking threads.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky