• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Busy weekend ahead....

bhambrewer

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 16, 2020
meat.jpeg

At the front: USDA Select flank steak. Just under 11lbs, in 5 roughly equal pieces. Two pieces marinaded in soy sauce, red wine, and lots of garlic. Grilled over propane, served for dinner tonight.

Middle: pork cushion meat. 2 large chunks (out of the 5 roughly equal pieces) cut into bite sized pieces to make the very traditional pork tikka masala (narrator: this is not the traditional protein...)

Back: USDA Choice ribeye primal. Going to be broken down into chain (for Philly cheese steak), half a dozen *fat* steaks, and some beef roasts.

All bought at my local Restaurant Depot. Total cost inc tax around $300 because "opportunity buy" means 25% off the already low price for the first two.

The prime rib primal was $11.83/lb, so this whole lot cost me around what the primal alone would have cost in Costco. Going to be a very meaty weekend, with lots of meat now in the freezer :emoji_wink:

SmokinEdge

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jan 18, 2020
Post pics of the cooks. We need that for our own fuel. Thanks

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Ok I’m in!
Al

bhambrewer

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 16, 2020
action shot of the steaks grilling over propane - I had intended using charcoal, but central Alabama has been so soggy I couldn't work up the enthusiasm to get wet myself :emoji_sunglasses:

steaks.jpeg

I trimmed off the chain and used it for Philly cheese steak for lunch, cut 10 fat steaks (all around 14 to 20 oz apiece, 6 are now in the freezer) and a chunk for a roast beef dinner.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
Ah, another fan of RD! First thing I do is always scout out for the table or rolling cart with the "opportunity buys". That's how I found my first (and only) hanger steak.

bhambrewer

Smoke Blower
Joined Jul 16, 2020
Ah, another fan of RD! First thing I do is always scout out for the table or rolling cart with the "opportunity buys". That's how I found my first (and only) hanger steak.
the "oh bugger" section is where I bought the first brisket I ever smoked - $1.49/lb for a packer, yes please!

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Good looking haul. And those steaks.....Wowsa!

Jim

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.