BRISKET and RIBS TODAY

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gary s

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 6, 2011
Brisket and Ribs Today

Been a while since I posted anything so here are a few pics of today’s smoke

A friend of ours is throwing a Birthday party for one of his Nephews and asked if I would

mind doing some Smoking. I jumped on that quicker than you can slap a tick.

He brought a 21# brisket and 3 racks of St. Louis and 2 Baby back.

Got the Brisket on at 5:00 AM this morning, Ribs on at 11:30 AM

Cool thing is he owns a painting company and I’m remodeling the front bathroom

And he said he would be over Saturday to Paint it for me. Nice guy.

Pulled the Brisket at noon and wrapped in Butcher paper, back on the smoker.

I’ll check the ribs at 1:30 PM to see if they are ready to wrap or need a little longer.

Wrapped at 2:00 PM, Cooked them till 3:20 PM  Unwrapped and back on.

Ribs were done at 4:30 PM  , I pulled the Brisket at 5:15 PM  probe slid in like butter.

Had a happy camper, He was tickled to death with the Ribs and Brisket, He even made me take a rack for us.

Here are a few pics I didn't get but just a few and really none when I brought them in,

They were in a hurry to get home,

Looks great Gary! And what a score in the painting. I'd have smoked five briskets if someone had come to paint my kitchen for me. Points to you sir!!

Lance

Looks great Gary! And what a score in the painting. I'd have smoked five briskets if someone had come to paint my kitchen for me. Points to you sir!!

Lance
Thank you Lance

Gary

Nice job Gary!

I'm beginning to think that no matter what, when you fire up that smoker,

there's going to be a brisket in there.

It doesn't matter what your smoking you always find a way to fit a brisket in too!

Point!

Al

Thanks Guys  and for the points, I do love those Briskets  (A man just can't have enough smoked food)

I can have my smoker going, racks full and I'm already thinking about what I want to smoke next.  My wife thinks I have a problem 

Gary

Out of the park my East Texas brother!

It's always nice when someone asks you to smoke for them, it usually means that you make some good grub!

Points for the full pit!

Thanks Charlie, I get as much fun cooking for others as I do cooking for me.  I do love a full smoker,

Gary

OMG !!
drool.gif

Awesome Brisket, as always!!
drool.gif
----
points.gif

I'm glad you posted this one---I was wearing a path to your old Brisket Post !! 

Nice Job, Gary!!
icon14.gif

Bear

Thanks Bear and hardcookin,  and for the points

Gary

Thank you CM  and for the points.

Gary

Nice job Gary!

I'm beginning to think that no matter what, when you fire up that smoker,

there's going to be a brisket in there.

It doesn't matter what your smoking you always find a way to fit a brisket in too!

Point!

Al
Ha!!  I gotta agree with Al.  I figure if you were smoking the Christmas turkey, there would be a brisket nestled into a corner somewhere.      
ROTF.gif

What can I say?  That brisket look fabulous, as usual, Gary.  Great meal, and nice touch helping out your neighbor.

points.gif

Gary

Thanks guys, I appreciate the nice comments,  I think you have me figured out --------  I do like those briskets

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky