Braided Pork Loin - Peach Glaze

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

milkman55

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 31, 2016
Canyon Lake, TX
Have not posted much in a long time, but I thought this latest smoke was worthy of sharing based on the reaction of all who came to dinner tonight.

I bought a Costco pork loin on sale and decided to smoke it with a peach glaze. I had never smoked a loin previously and wanted to make sure it stayed moist since the fat content is not like a pork butt.

I looked around and saw where others had braided the loin and that looked like a good way to get a consistent cook. I cut the loin lengthwise in three equal strips and braided them and used a bamboo skewer to seal the end.

I used Jeff’s Rub on the loin and smoked it at 225f for 2 hrs spritzing it with apple juice periodically.

When it got to 120f internal, I brushed it with peach glaze and then again at 130f. Peach glaze was a stick of butter, cup of peach preserves, 2 T Brown Sugar, 2 T Lemon Juice and 2 T Honey.

I pulled it at 142f and put it under a foil tent for 15 min to allow it to rest and come up to 145f to slice.

It was very moist and tender. Very pleased with the final results and definitely on the repeat list.

Attachments

• C9EAC09F-A0C0-4016-BBFD-8F46C82E406A.jpeg
    C9EAC09F-A0C0-4016-BBFD-8F46C82E406A.jpeg
    251.9 KB · Views: 121
  • DCEE881B-AD86-48A9-821E-0D63C33AD52D.jpeg
    DCEE881B-AD86-48A9-821E-0D63C33AD52D.jpeg
    214.7 KB · Views: 121
Now that is different. I have never seen pork ( or any meat) braded like that before .
Love the idea and the look. You said it stayed moist, just because of the cooking process or
did your glaze help.

Love this idea ( did you happen to get a cut picture )

David

I like the eye appeal of the braid, that's interesting and looks good. Definitely different and I've also never seen that before...

Reactions: JLeonard
It was very moist. I did spritz it with apple juice a couple of times before it got to 120f internal. Then I glazed it with the peach sauce at 120f and again at 130f. Important to not let it get above 145f finish temp or it starts to get dry and tough.

When you prepare the pork loin, make the two cuts along the entire length, but leave the last 1-2” inches attached to form the base of the braid.

Costco puts these pork loins on sale all the time and generally are about $10, a “smoking deal”.

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks really good! I have seen it before... guessing on this site, but do like the looks of it as well!

Ryan

Have not posted much in a long time, but I thought this latest smoke was worthy of sharing based on the reaction of all who came to dinner tonight.

I bought a Costco pork loin on sale and decided to smoke it with a peach glaze. I had never smoked a loin previously and wanted to make sure it stayed moist since the fat content is not like a pork butt.

I looked around and saw where others had braided the loin and that looked like a good way to get a consistent cook. I cut the loin lengthwise in three equal strips and braided them and used a bamboo skewer to seal the end.

I used Jeff’s Rub on the loin and smoked it at 225f for 2 hrs spritzing it with apple juice periodically.

When it got to 120f internal, I brushed it with peach glaze and then again at 130f. Peach glaze was a stick of butter, cup of peach preserves, 2 T Brown Sugar, 2 T Lemon Juice and 2 T Honey.

I pulled it at 142f and put it under a foil tent for 15 min to allow it to rest and come up to 145f to slice.

It was very moist and tender. Very pleased with the final results and definitely on the repeat list.

Wow, that's cool. I'm doing pork loin this weekend. I wish I saw this before I cut it in half for rubbing and vacuum sealing. Argh! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Murph

So I made the braided pork loin again today. I added about 10 slices of bacon across the braided loin to help retain moisture and add flavor. I smoke it on my Traeger pellet grill for 4 hrs at 180f and then cranked it up to 350f for 30 min once it got to 130f internal. That crisped up the bacon and I pulled it at 145f, rested 10 min and sliced. Turned out better than even the first attempt which was also good.

Attachments

• IMG_1734.jpeg
    IMG_1734.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: Brokenhandle
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky