Bolar & Chuck Roasts

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Nitty

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
When we get a side of beef we always have good intentions of crock pot roasts but they tend to always be the last thing in the freezer. So I still have two bolar roasts and two chuck roasts from a year ago. I've done quite a few brisket now over the last couple years. Talking generalizations, how would smoking these two different types of roasts compare to smoking a brisket? Looking for any thoughts or comments in general. I know the chuck roast has bone and bolar is boneless.

Reactions: JLeonard
Basically the same process. Low and slow, and I wouldn’t be afraid to aluminum pan either after about 4-5 hours cover and finish to probe tender.

I just asked my wife if she ever heard of a Mississippi pot roast and she said it’s the delicious meal we had at her aunts a couple months ago. Looks extremely easy to make. Will definitely be doing that with one. Good call.

Reactions: kilo charlie
I just asked my wife if she ever heard of a Mississippi pot roast and she said it’s the delicious meal we had at her aunts a couple months ago. Looks extremely easy to make. Will definitely be doing that with one. Good call.

It can be done in the crock pot or in a foil pan in the smoker. So you have at least one of those roasts taken care of!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky