Beef prices

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
Looks like beef prices are going to go almost through the roof again, they have already gone up quite a bit here at wholesale level just from last week, sounds like could last around 2 months. Hopefully my information is wrong.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised if a good part of the price increase is the packers wanting to get more than their fair share ($$$)! Have a good friend that raises cattle and it wasn't too long ago he said the packers were making $1,000 per head.

Ryan

I'm still running on the beef I bought last year when it was cheaper than chicken . Just thawed and ground a brisket last week . Tag said 2.98 a pound . One left in the freezer . Several eye rounds and beef knuckles . I know it doesn't add to the topic , but buy what's cheap now .

Just look at the record profits so far this year with lumber companies like Weyerhaeuser and the rest.

I'm still running on the beef I bought last year when it was cheaper than chicken . Just thawed and ground a brisket last week . Tag said 2.98 a pound . One left in the freezer . Several eye rounds and beef knuckles . I know it doesn't add to the topic , but buy what's cheap now .
Go to chopsaw chopsaw house...he has cheap beef! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
..he has cheap beef!
I'll be going to GFS tomorrow to see what the prices are . I spent some time last go round making a plan . Shelves were mostly empty then , so I went everyday until they had some stock . So I figured out delivery was either Weds. night or Thursday morning .
I have the prices in my head from last week , so I'll see tomorrow what it looks like .
I won't spend for the high priced stuff . Last week they had beef knuckle for under $4.00 a pound .

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Wouldn't be surprised if a good part of the price increase is the packers wanting to get more than their fair share ($$$)! Have a good friend that raises cattle and it wasn't too long ago he said the packers were making $1,000 per head.

Ryan
Have you noticed that when prices for anything go up for one reason or another they never go back down?
Hmm...

i still buy cyrovac whole units from sams,, dollars cheaper than cut meat. new york stip loins $7.88 #. short loins {t-bones} $7.38 a # ..sirlions at $3.88#...sure most of e'm cost a hundred or more but storable.. and pork is like $1.50 to $2.50

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky