BBQ in the news.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Good read thanks for posting it
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

A very good read.. I even made a comment of my own on the page. That's my old stomping grounds so it does get a little personal. I was in NC for about 3 months on a contract job several years ago and I had a very difficult time finding decent barbecue. I left very disappointed to say the least.

icon_cool.gif

I'm sorry I have been all over the south and it's really hard to find good Q. Now I have talked to folks that say this place over here has greatest BBQ in the city and when I go the Q sucks. Now most of us here can smoke better Q then half the restuarants out there. Then we aren't having to keep our meat hot or even warm alday either. We do get to eat our Q at the best time for eating also.

Good Q is hard to find... there was this little rundown shack just east of Savannah, GA. There was no sign and the dirt path that led down to it was pretty rutted out. The porch was rickety and the screen door squeaked but the food was OMG! I can't even remember the name of the place.. it may not have had a name now that I think about it but it was definitely something to write home about!

Those little "hole in the wall" places are usually the best bet for great food.

A very good read.. I even made a comment of my own on the page. That's my old stomping grounds so it does get a little personal. I was in NC for about 3 months on a contract job several years ago and I had a very difficult time finding decent barbecue. I left very disappointed to say the least.

Just remember with some planning your good que can go anywhere.  You just need to show them how to do it right...right?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky