• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

BB Vortex/Riblets

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I like that .

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Sunday race? Must be NASCAR? (I'm not a fan)

No peal the membrane? OK, it holds the meat on the rib, but is an impermeable element that stops smoke penetration.
What's your plans for the cut ups?

I love the backs more than spares. Wife on the other side of the picnic table and prefers spares.

Stopped at Sam's today. BB are up in price and spares are even higher. I live in pork country. Why the prices?

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
You cut them up pre cook? What is your recipe going to be?
Just pulled membrane and cut into riblets. i dont pre cook or boil my ribs. Recipe is a secret :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_sunglasses::emoji_astonished:

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
Sunday race? Must be NASCAR? (I'm not a fan)

No peal the membrane? OK, it holds the meat on the rib, but is an impermeable element that stops smoke penetration.
What's your plans for the cut ups?

I love the backs more than spares. Wife on the other side of the picnic table and prefers spares.

Stopped at Sam's today. BB are up in price and spares are even higher. I live in pork country. Why the prices?
Its a race to beat all the rain
yup pealed the yuk from the backs.
the riblets are going on the kettle if the rain holds out. I will post later what i am using for the rub.
My wife is the same on the ribs. doing BB because im feeding 5 today, neighbor is making fillet medallions.

Got these 2 racks at Super Target for $14 ea. Sams here in naples is $32 for a 2 pack.

But yeah i'm a nascar fan....aint that what southern redneks enjoy.....:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I think I would wrap them in bacon, since they are already cut up.
Al

SWFLsmkr1

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Dec 25, 2010
I think I would wrap them in bacon, since they are already cut up.
Al
I was thinking that also but the way im going to kettle them the bacon may burn.

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Really looks good .

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Nice. Gonna have to try this

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
You done good on those rib cuts.
But yeah i'm a nascar fan....aint that what southern redneks enjoy.....:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_astonished::emoji_astonished:
I enjoy a different red neck motor sports. I love truck and tractor pulls.
The farm classes are a very boring, but the modified are 310 feet of thrill. Drag racing at it's best?

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.