Arroz Con Pollo Asado

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinEdge

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jan 18, 2020
Western Colorado
It starts easy enough.
78565906-E970-4100-96A6-A39EBA11C7C8.jpeg

Chicken marinated in citrus, a little salt and some garlic and fresh cracked pepper.
13A01A37-85B3-43F3-B5B7-0EB2906A78BC.jpeg

842E6D78-9E84-4A2D-A071-C26528F72232.jpeg

mash the garlic good before peeling. Makes the mincing easier.
E9A0FF22-3821-4155-AEF5-BF787DC27B1E.jpeg

Will chop red and green bell pepper and Roma tomatoes with a bit of onion
1BA8B380-7455-4756-A9FD-DA1870FCC58A.jpeg

Grilled chicken and fresh cob corn
Then chop the bell pepper mushrooms, tomatoes, onion, garlic cut the corn off the cobb, fry this in oil then add 3tsp. Of chicken boulion granuals 1tsp cumin and 1tsp coriander about 1 Tbs of Chile chimayo fry for 10 minutes then add 2 cup Arborio rice cook for 5 minutes then add 4 cups water simmer and add chicken pieces. Cook 30 minutes or until done.
D5E8E752-9BC9-4894-8FD0-8425EA99D03F.jpeg

B9E8CAEC-B81B-49A6-9070-7AD5356946C7.jpeg

153190A9-236F-4604-B548-A10394E9A4F9.jpeg

The plate.
DF40B987-ED1A-4B5B-8813-977747373064.jpeg

Looks good to me. My taste must be off from so many others. I love Citrus in dessert, but not a fan in savory dishes. Lime is fine but I rarely use Lemon and don't care for Orange at all...JJ

Reactions: SmokinEdge
That looks absolutely outstanding!! Very nice job, especially the chicken. I'd tear up a platter full of that for sure.

Robert

Hmmm---I'm not sure how to pronounce the name of that, but I'm sure I could devour a plate of it!!
Looks Great!!
Like.

Bear

Looks delicious!
That pollo on the grill is screaming, "Eat Me!"
Need some hot tortillas on that plate and "It's on!"

Only thing I'd do different would be to toast the rice and garlic before adding the veggies in to saute.
Thank you Chile.
I do toast the rice for my Spanish rice, but we like the texture better here with this dish without the toast. Just how we roll.
Man, that looks Good!!!
Gary
Thanks a bunch Gary.
Looks good to me. My taste must be off from so many others. I love Citrus in dessert, but not a fan in savory dishes. Lime is fine but I rarely use Lemon and don't care for Orange at all...JJ
Thats too bad Chef. The citrus is what makes the meat tender and flavorful. So many complain about skirt steak, for example, being tough. A nice citrus bath from 24 hours is key to tenderizing tough cuts. Then grilled, so good.
As a side, I have a family member with an allergy to oranges, so I have adopted a mixture of lime and ruby red grapefruit for my marinade. I would rather use blood oranges, but this actually works rather well.
That's a good looking plate of food!
Thank you Brian.

That looks absolutely outstanding!! Very nice job, especially the chicken. I'd tear up a platter full of that for sure.

Robert
I very much appreciate that Robert, thank you. The chicken was delicious.
Man that chicken looks perfect
Thank you Smoking! Appreciate it.
Sure does look good . Nice work .
Thank you Chop.
Great job!
Thank you Charlie.
Hmmm---I'm not sure how to pronounce the name of that, but I'm sure I could devour a plate of it!!
Looks Great!!
Like.
Nice, looks real tasty!
Thank you much.

Bear
Thank you Bear. It’s just rice with grilled chicken. Spanish style.

I have adopted a mixture of lime and ruby red grapefruit for my marinade.

That I need to try. I do enjoy the flavor of Grapefruit. My Wife found a store that carries SQUIRT, a favorite Grapefruit Soda (Pop) from our childhood...JJ

How long do you marinate?

Also, I just noticed that chef jimmyj has passed? That's super sad news. A huge loss for the community :(

How long do you marinate?

Also, I just noticed that chef jimmyj has passed? That's super sad news. A huge loss for the community :(
Chicken I usually go 4-8 hours. For beef or pork it’s 12-24 hours.

Chef JJ was a huge loss. Left a hole here that more than likely will never really be filled. He is greatly missed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky