Apple Wood Smoked Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 4, 2012
Bend Oregon
Been craving meatloaf. So that's what I made for dinner. Actually I really wanted leftover meatloaf for cold meatloaf sandwees. One of my favorites.

Here's what went into this one

2 lbs ground turkey.

1 small onion chopped & sauteed
1 orange bell pepper diced & sauteed
4 cloves of garlic diced & sauteed
(cool veggies prior to mixing into meat)

1 1/2 cups of cook quinoa (I make 1 cup of dry, which yields 2-2 1/2 cups cooked) Cool quinoa before mixing into meat.
1 egg
2 tablespoons of Fred's Sauce (A local company that makes dam good sauce, follow the hyper link to order online)
good squirt of Guldens spicy brown mustard
couple dashes of Henderson's Relish
salt aNd pepper to taste.

Made corn on the cob and Jacket Potatoes.

I used my gas smoker and apple pellets. I didn't get much of a smoke ring because I put the meatloaf into my lodge cast iron loaf pan. Still had plenty of smoked flavor. Just no color. Cooked at 285 until it hit 170 in the middle.

48869744853_349d3e403a_z.jpg

48870269631_d4aea2aa88_z.jpg

48870269226_593c59723e_z.jpg

Very little fat when using turkey.

48869745033_7e47c4493e_z.jpg

48875751776_9c342831e7_z.jpg

Mayonnaise (Hellmans), Mustard, Ketchup (wanted horseradish but we didn't have any :confused:) toasted sourdough, lettuce. Perfect sandwee!

48875216943_958521d773_z.jpg

Last edited:
I could eat me some of that !! Looks Good

Gary

Looks great Case!!! I’ve been craving making a meatloaf again.

It looks healthier and the wife is starting a diet, maybe this is a good alternative?

Like!

Looks great Case!!! I’ve been craving making a meatloaf again.

It looks healthier and the wife is starting a diet, maybe this is a good alternative?

Like!

Thank you. Yes it should be a bit healthier. You could remove the egg from the mix if you wanted too. Sometimes I'll add cooked mashed cauliflower to the meat mixture as a binder. No one even knows its in there!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky