Anti-inflammatory Effects of Extra Virgin Olive Oil - WOW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a spoonful of EVOO, I'll see what happens, sounds a little too good to be true. RAY
Bone on bone. That's painful. That's my wife's knee condition. Too good to be true? I'm having a hard time believing the change myself.

Yesterday, late afternoon, I went grocery shopping at my normal "bag your own" groceries store. My wife refuses to help unload the truck because the bags are so heavy, which I do to reduce the number of trips back and forth. The problem is it usually takes my left shoulder two days to recover from shopping, and movement is severely restricted.

The pain was just as intense as normal but I had full movement of my arm. I took a spoonful of EVOO before bed, but at 0115 I did take 1 ibuprofen and 1 Tylenol due to the pain.

This morning, as of 0945, little pain and full movement. That's never happened so quickly, and I shop weekly. Whether psychosomatic or real, it's working for me.

Ray

Cortisone works for that tho right? (for awhile at least)
Not really . You might get some relief with the first one , but it’s less effective after that . You can only get so many , then you’re done . I’ve had them in both knees , both shoulders , left wrist and both ankles .

Reactions: noboundaries
Just a thought here. Anyone practice Qigong? Sometimes from repetitive movement you can get a spur in the socket. For awhile I couldn't put my right arm over my head without pain. therapist got me into Qigong. That changed my shoulder position and now I have full pain free movement in it.

Bone on bone. That's painful. That's my wife's knee condition. Too good to be true? I'm having a hard time believing the change myself.

Yesterday, late afternoon, I went grocery shopping at my normal "bag your own" groceries store. My wife refuses to help unload the truck because the bags are so heavy, which I do to reduce the number of trips back and forth. The problem is it usually takes my left shoulder two days to recover from shopping, and movement is severely restricted.

The pain was just as intense as normal but I had full movement of my arm. I took a spoonful of EVOO before bed, but at 0115 I did take 1 ibuprofen and 1 Tylenol due to the pain.

This morning, as of 0945, little pain and full movement. That's never happened so quickly, and I shop weekly. Whether psychosomatic or real, it's working for me.

Ray
You might want to get a Gorilla Cart. You can get everything in one or two trips. No carrying heavy bags or cases around. We have had one for a year and use it all the time now.

gorilla.jpg

I tell you what did work , and work good . 9 day up , and 9 day back down steroid pack .
Had that after my shoulder surgery . My goodness that's some great stuff . Never was a drug guy , but I asked for another round of that stuff .
They said no .

If olive oil worked for me I'd have been pain free for a while. I like the California Olive Ranch olive oil, eat that sh!t on everything. Or maybe it's helping and I'm just a crybaby lol.

I get by on prednisone - though my doc is very stingy with it so I only take it if it's BAD. I rotate ibuprofen, naproxen, and acetaminophen.

I have a few rolls of Level 3 CBD (thc free) roll on. It does nothing for my back, but it does seem to help my achy knee a little.

I tell you what did work , and work good . 9 day up , and 9 day back down steroid pack .
Had that after my shoulder surgery . My goodness that's some great stuff . Never was a drug guy , but I asked for another round of that stuff .
They said no .
Ask your family doc. My family doc gives me (4) 6 day packs every 6 months. He used to give me 1 per month but he said that was too much.

I did not want to add this until I double checked on it but Salmon Oil also has anti-inflammatory properties. I was only hesitant because we give it daily to our dog. It has made a great improvement on his joints and his coat. I wasn't sure on how it related to humans until I did a bit of searching. It is the #1 reason for humans on this site.

8 Impressive Benefits of Salmon Oil

This is only a link I found, I give no guaranties on it's use.
Not Salmon, but I also take (generic) fish oil or krill oil supplements. Works for me.

The placebo effect is alive and well in this thread.

If olive, or fish oil works for you great. I'm not buying into it though. Sure it could probably help, but its not likely gonna help with chronic pain, or Dego's (which I am) or Greek's would be pain free.

The placebo effect is alive and well in this thread.

If olive, or fish oil works for you great. I'm not buying into it though. Sure it could probably help, but its not likely gonna help with chronic pain, or Dego's (which I am) or Greek's would be pain free.
Point of clarification. EVOO is not a pain-killer. Reducing the inflammation can have the side-effect of pain reduction. Thus, the thread title.

Unlike vegetable oil, I believe olive oil has the added benefits of oleic acid and is rich in antioxidants, including vitamin E and polyphenols. Oleic acid is super heart-healthy and shown to reduce heart disease incidence. While antioxidants are literally anti-inflammatory by definition. They prevent your tissues from oxidizing i.e. inflammation. Good on you for taking olive oil. You can never go wrong with antioxidant rich food.

Well, after 3 days of trying the EVOO, result for me was no change, as I expected.
No pain relief in the wrist, the inflammation is still there. Easy to see comparing both wrists.
Even if it did help, it would just be a stop-gap measure.
The problem won't go away, just get masked.

Been trying to avoid it, but I'm going to have to have the wrist fused.
That will create a whole new way of doing things.

Last edited:
EVOO is not medication, it's not something to provide pain relief. It's just a food item with anti-inflammatory properties.

Point of clarification. EVOO is not a pain-killer. Reducing the inflammation can have the side-effect of pain reduction. Thus, the thread title.
You really should go back and reread your OG post, here's the Cliff notes.

"5 minutes later my shoulder pain was reduced by 80%!"

Having been (and still currently am) a legal marijuana grower, extractor, and processor (since 2008), delta 8, 9, 10 are all synthetic cannanaboids NOT found (in any natural quantity) in flower marijuana. Please ONLY use those cannanaboids in topical or edibles. They are NOT safe for inhalation, as they contain acetate.

I have found 1 strain of thc out of the 60+ I have on hand or grown in the past to help with pain. I use a tincture made from it after a knee surgery yrs back and disnt take a single vicoden. However, I took 30 doses a day at 20mg/dose to achieve this. I have a very high tolerance. I take 150mg/night just to sleep.

I also use this tincture I make to help ppl kick opioid addictions. So far I've've helped 12 of 15 ppl kick the habit. I also treat MS patients with great success in better quality of life.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky