Anti-inflammatory Effects of Extra Virgin Olive Oil - WOW!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I both tried 300mg and 600mg of CBD in coconut oil and that pricy stuff was a waste of our money. No impact on the pain. I think they were $40 and $60 for 1 oz. Still have the bottles. Because they said it could take a week or two of use to feel any change, I felt it was a scam right from the start, but my wife really wanted to help me, so ka-ching.

TJ's EVOO works out to 24 cents an ounce, and it works! (For me and Corey, anyway).

Update: I just did a search about SAGE CBD oil scam. The BBB confirmed it is a scam. Oh well.
CBD without some form of THC does little for my pain, but the stuff with delta-8 THC works (derived from hemp and covered under the farm bill federally, so legal unless your state has made it illegal). It is psychoactive, but to a lesser extent than delta-9 associated with regular weed.

Update further. I haven't been able to bend my knee fully without feeling heavy pressure from all the joint fluids. Guess what, i can bend my knee and i feel ZERO pressure. This is crazy. I am so excited, did I just get my life back??!!!. And I haven't taken any more than whatbi took at 1:30 this afternoon!! Told the wife and she took a shot also. I can't believe what is happening. 😊😊😊

Corey

Reactions: noboundaries
Interesting thread.
Everyone's chemistry is different and one needs to find what works for them.

After knee surgery many years ago (Doc said I would be on cushioning shots) I started on chondroitin and glucosamine supplements. Feeling pretty well and don't have the shots.
Don't take more than the recommended dosage because I found there is a rebound.

Use almost exclusively olive oil (EVOO) and avocado oil for cooking. Asian dishes I use sesame oil (not toasted).

Never tried the cannabinoid therapy. Not fond of the recreational experimentation.

My largest inflammation reduction was eliminating aspartame from my diet.
That stuff is poison to my personal chemistry.

Best wishes everyone on their journey to better health

Never tried the cannabinoid therapy. Not fond of the recreational experimentation.
CBD containing Delta 8, 9, and 10 are capable of producing a "high" but the CBD without those don't. Back in the day, I smoked weed recreationally , which is primarily Delta-9, but came to not much care for the "high" it gave me. Quit smoking it in my mid 20s.

One of my stepsons has chronic back pain and found relief with delta-8 edibles. He urged me to try it (I've had 2 fusions on my spine to repair disks and pretty much have arthritis through my whole spine and most other joints) and gave me some gummies to try. Delta-8 is more subtle that 9 in its effect, and I find I can take just enough to kick the pain and just give a relaxing effect like you'd get from having a few drinks.

I'm a pickle juice fan as well. If I had a rough day at work. I'll take a slug of it when I get home. I buy it by the gallon. It will either prevent the cramps. Or reduce the amount of cramping. If I've had an active day. And forget to drink some. I will get leg cramps.

I did not want to add this until I double checked on it but Salmon Oil also has anti-inflammatory properties. I was only hesitant because we give it daily to our dog. It has made a great improvement on his joints and his coat. I wasn't sure on how it related to humans until I did a bit of searching. It is the #1 reason for humans on this site.

8 Impressive Benefits of Salmon Oil

This is only a link I found, I give no guaranties on it's use.

Reactions: noboundaries
Our family has been doing a Mediterranean style of eating for a number of years. It works well for us. As others have said, the main goal for us is getting away from processed foods.
I did learn something interesting from a sports medicine doctor recently. I have used Ibuprofen as an anti inflammatory. He recommended using acetaminophen for joint healing. It had to do with ibuprofen inhibiting macrophage function. It’s something I am willing to try and plan to learn more about when it is best to use what.

Both my shoulders are bone on bone, slated for full replacement surgery left side in two months, right side after that. Just did a spoonful of EVOO, I'll see what happens, sounds a little too good to be true. RAY

Reactions: chopsaw
To me it's all about finding what YOUR body responds to. Timely thread... Wrecked my shoulder and wrist and taking ibru and just remembered I do not respond well to it and will pick up some tylenol. On the food and supplements. TONS of options. Was mentioned already but fish oil is a big one as well as tumeric (circumin). Time for some curry!

This one is RAGING here. Yes it's for horses...

https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...MIjv218uPUgAMV5RCzAB2PSgsxEAQYAiABEgLgNfD_BwE

Reactions: jcam222
Well a half hour later and I still can't scratch the top of my head with either hand, everything hurts just like usual. I'm not surprised, ibuprofen doesn't do jack sh!t anymore either, hasn't for quite some time now. RAY

Reactions: Retired Spook
Well a half hour later and I still can't scratch the top of my head with either hand, everything hurts just like usual. I'm not surprised, ibuprofen doesn't do jack sh!t anymore either, hasn't for quite some time now. RAY
I'm on a 6 Advil a day diet . Orthopedic surgeon tells me I'm 100 on the inside .
I'd need a EVOO transfusion .
I don't envy either of you, shoulder surgery (even more so the recovery) is rough. I was one day away from having rotator cuff surgery when I failed the pre-op due to out of control diabetes. Over the next 3 months I lowered my A1C and never needed the surgery. I know both of yours is work related and different from mine, I really feel for you though.

1692802360859.jpeg

Reactions: sawhorseray
For some reason my aches and pains start feeling better in late afternoon going into evenings... couldn't be the late afternoon ibuprofen and alcohol...

Ryan

Reactions: DougE
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky